Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Titus El Guapo 29
  • Brake-neck
    Free Member

Not quite true but you need to get it from the US
    [url http://www.lenzsport.com/detail.php?prodID=15/url

Don’t understand, all I can see is an ugly DH 29er with double crown forks.

The advantage of a 29er dh bike is that all the annoying brake bumps are caused by 26er wheels
    So in theory a 29er / 650b wheel should float over the top of them
    Especially for over used trails in resorts like Morzine, Les Gets ect

They do look like a dogs dinner though !

Saying that this one doesn’t look that bad

The 34mm x fusion looks like the way to go with the Eg 29er
    The one piece crown with the 34mm legs should stiffen up the front end
    That and a quality wheelset …………..

job done

Gotama
    Free Member

And this one too. Looks lovely, shudder to think of the cost. He does appear to ride it ‘properly’ though.

I quite like that in a weird ugly duckling way

Ed-O
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be good if they made a 160mm Pike for 29ers?

You heard it here 😉

Chainline
    Free Member

That blue one is Whafe’s. top guy…This is similar, bit less travel at the front, bit slacker. 150mm front and rear. 66.8HA

P9100352

Like Mr The Rock hints, there will definitely be a 571mm axle to crown 29er fork next year that isn’t the Dorado (150mm is 565mm so you work it out)

So you can already go 34mm stantion, 150mm travel 29er with the Fox…but they aren’t very cheap unfortunately.

Chainline
    Free Member

Should also have said how great it is, agree with Eds position generically except for the fork..

I rather fancied the El Guapo but it was gonna be a bit late for me. Followed Brants evolution of the design with great interest and some of his insight was helpful to me speccing the Nicolai and the thoughts and experiences of some STW staff and others was helpful too.

bigdean

Looks good would have to come shire horse size for me though, not hobbit 20″

davosaurusrex

Bit more info on the X Fusion Trace – spoke to Upgrade today, now not due until end of Feb at the earliest, gah! On the plus side the top of the range model with DLA travel adjust will have an RRP of £610 although I don’t think this is the unicrown model as that has further delays.

IA

Bad times! What else is there other than the fox just now for burlier stuff?

white bros loop or marz 44? Anyone with any experience of these?

x fusion ?

IA

As above, not till end of feb 🙁

End of Feb 😐

The eg frame will probably arrive at the same time

Looks like Its the waiting game then

crush83
    Free Member

am i right in thinking that the bigger wheels will eliminate or at least reduce the pedal strike issue of the 26? (this being the main reason i didnt get a 26 a few months ago and am still in the market! for a FS)

IA

the pedal strike issue of the 26

Turns out it was only some of the early V3s that were made wrong that had that problem. See my post (and Brant’s reply) here:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/titus-el-guapo-6/page/2#post-4525089

If you’re after a large V1 with no too-low issues … 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Any news on the Guapo 29er?

Bump………………..

wobbem
    Free Member

The new specialized enduro 29er has got everyone running back to the drawing boards 😀

The eagle has landed in the 29er big fork department 😀

Just need Brant to pull his finger out with a delivery date on the EG 29er !

]

Gotama
    Free Member

Saw that, wonder what travel they’re going to be, presumably 140mm. I loved my old pikes.

ahwiles
    Free Member

look at those stanchions! – they look longer than 140 to me…

wild guess: no change from £600

160mm travel apparently 😀

But will the eg take that travel fork with out cocking up the geometry

Is Brant in today ?

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’d guess that those Pikes will be at least £600. 29er forks are still so limited on a budget….£300 is a bloody lot of money for a set of forks for me, yet it only buys you a set of Recons new! I imagine that longer travel stuff is going to be even more overpriced!

andeh

The new Pikes look to be around the £700-850 mark 😯

BUMP………

Any news on the delivery date for the EG29er Brant ?

brant
    Free Member

Hello.

I have on 18in one in Sheffield. One 16in one in Portland.
    Batch being assembled right now then checking, finishing.
    Shocks coming from Cane Creek.

I am saying “mid June” right now.

STATO
    Free Member

What was the other one they were touting too, codine i think? would like to know eta of that.

What he said ^^^^^^^^^ and cheers for the quick response there brant

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hello.

I have on 18in one in Sheffield. One 16in one in Portland.
    Batch being assembled right now then checking, finishing.
    Shocks coming from Cane Creek.

I am saying “mid June” right now.

mid june will be pie in the sky like the last drop of **** up 26er El Guapos!

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Also interested in Codeine info if your there Brant….

Chainline
    Free Member

Wobbem, I don’t think that’s true re the spesh. It very much depends what you want to do with it. With that SA, chain stay length and rearward weight distribution plus slackish (its actually not very slack) geo it is likely it wont climb great, which is fine if you only want to go down, a criticism labeled at many slack arsed 26 bikes, the likes of which its trying to emulate. IF you want to go down really quickly you dont weant mega short chainstays either. It can contribute to a more ‘fun’ feeling if your idea of fun is lots of manuals and pops. Climbing ability not being a priority was also alluded to in the video. Its always been possible to build what they have done, albeit having to modify front D’s or 1×10/1×11. you just needed to make a banana of a seat tube. They had the clout with Sram to make a new mount plate/derailleur, fair play.

There is more to a bike than chainstay length….

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Thread resurrection, Brant do you have any more news on this, itching to buy a 29 suss for a few months now and have been waiting on this but patience is about done TBH.

Straightliner

Indeed, it would be good to get an update. Last I heard was June but we’re nearly there and no further news. The Titus website still suggests March and hasn’t been updated.

Also it would be good to get an idea on frame prices and if you’re doing full builds.

brant
    Free Member

In QC, Taiwan side.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

They have QC :mrgreen:

Brake-neck
    Free Member

Thanks for replying Brant,fingers crossed for the mid June estimate. Any chance of a cheap pre-order? 🙂

Straightliner

Any news on a likely date these will appear in the UK? It’s mid-June now and there has been no update on delivery on the websites or on here. I need something by the end of July, so I’m holding on at the moment, but will also need to look at other options as I can’t hold indefinitely.

swavis

Another thread resurrection, any more news? I’ve been looking at the Transition Bandit and the Giant Trance X but I’m really very interested in one of these. 🙂

Straightliner

I emailed them directly about this last week, and the response was no chance for September, maybe later in the year (if we’re lucky). I think my cash is now going elsewhere, it’s too long to wait given the initial expectation of Jan/Feb time.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Titus El Guapo 29’ is closed to new replies.