Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Titus el guapo 2008 VŠ nukeproof mega 2012, same price
  • kroupicz
    Free Member

Hey guys,

Got titus 2008, New components

Brakes deore 2014
    Rest is mix, deore, xt, slx 2014
    Fox 36 float kashima 2011

Vs

Nukeproof mega 2012

Comp. All xt 2012
    Same fox 36

Whats the better bike? Same price..

Love descents, singletracks, uphills, just playing around…

Any opinions?

Thx Mike

stevede
    Free Member

Mega, easy decision.

kroupicz
    Free Member

Why ? Have u ridenn both?

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Have you looked at the frame angles, I’d have thought the Mega would be perhaps less of an all day bike with slacker angles specifically for Enduro racing but that’s just looking at it rather than studying geometry charts.

The Titus is or at least was from the guy who is now running Pivot bikes so don’t get too snobbish and rule them out as being ‘cheap’ or not as good as other brands because they are from On-one.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

I wouldn’t want to ride a bike with a 68 degree HA with a 160mm fork. things have changed a fair bit in 4 years.

kroupicz
    Free Member

Thats what Im thinking about ….thinks going fast and 4 years

Studing geometry from chart is useless….

Titus is 67 vs mega 66 head angle…

Also titus is what I love because of people what they doing it and dont really think they changed they geometry so much….

kroupicz
    Free Member

Anyone? 🙂

oakesy2001uk
    Free Member

El guapo is mega… (I am biased as I’ve got one).

Plenty of room for a slack-set in the headtube if that worries you.

Having ridden both, the titus is more agile, a touch lighter and a better climber. With a 1.5 degree slackset it descends properly also without losing that quick front end! Its pretty good without the slackset, but things have moved on, and a slackset sorts this out nicely. It already has a nice low BB and a steepish seat angle, so were nice and ‘modern’ there.

Of course you could just get the mega because they are “cool’ and not sold by on one..
    Titus were a boutique brand before they went bust and on-one sorted it out. a lot of love for them across the pond!

hora
    Free Member

Both good bikes but if I was offered the choice its an absolutely no-brainer from what I’ve heard of/from people who can ride.

The latter.

Wasn’t the Nukeproof a firm amateur privateers bike on UK courses/comps?

I remember going to watch a race at Farmer Johns and everyone seemed to be on one too which compounded the above ^

kroupicz
    Free Member

thx guys for comment…

its hard to make a decision on papper 🙂

I wish I can ride both for weekend…than…chose one.. 🙂

kroupicz
    Free Member

SO I have been riding the Mega. That is os fckin sweet bike. so much fun. Very stable. doesnt feel so heavy (15.3 kg) its scared me first time 🙂
    Amazing bike…!!! bombproof maschine cant handle parks as well and climbing as goat 🙂

Very happy 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Titus el guapo 2008 VŠ nukeproof mega 2012, same price’ is closed to new replies.