Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Titus el guapo
  • Amos
    Free Member

Are there any El Guapo owners? Just seen one at my local shop and it looks great unlikely I can stretch to one but was intrigued if they were any good as I don't know much about them
    Other than being very popular in the good ol US of A?

backhander
    Free Member

Have a look at jenson USA. They generally have good deals on titus stuff.
    You'll have to work out the duty but could get a bargain!

Amos
    Free Member

Not sure I want one just wanted some owners experience?

TheFlyingOx

Reviews tend to be good, but I've heard tales of cracked frames and less-than-average aftersales service. Wouldn't put me off one though. I think they look awesome.

Amos
    Free Member

Yeah they do you look great! Not heard about cracking? Warranty no good then? Best I get it googled!

MarkE25

i have a 2008 El guapo and I think it s brilliant. I bought it second hand from fat tread bikes in Aviemore and I really like it-like my motolite but with more relaxed head angles so better on steep downs. The newer hydroformed ones look even nicer. I have hd no problems with mine-I run it with Magura Wotans and have nothing but praise for both of them. I had briefly toyed with the idea of getting rid of it as I was doing more XC oriented riding but a trip to N Wales last month reminded me how awesome it was and I shall definately be keeping it.

TheFlyingOx

you look great!

Why, this is all so sudden 😆

I'm not saying it's no good. A warranty is a warranty so it would have to be honoured. I would imagine it's more to do with the timescales involved and communication with a manufacturer 6000-odd miles away and in a different timezone. And show me a bike manufacturer that's never had a frame crack, anyway.

As I say, none of the above would put me off getting one.

mildred

If it rides anywhere near as good as their Supermoto it'll be a peach. I know its all personal preference etc. but my SuMo was the liveliest, funnest, most communicative 4-bar-horst-link-type-thingy I've ever ridden. Its just a pity the anodizing/paint leapt off the tubes just by showing it Dalby Forest mud.

Oh, and their Stateside aftersales service/communication is just shocking – about 5 emails and no reply, which is bad by any standards.

rj
    Free Member

I demoed one at GT and it's a really nice bike. Climbs well, descends in an entirely acceptable manner and looks really quite attractive. It does have a very low bottom bracket, though. To the extent that I smashed my toes into rocks and stuff.

Andy

Motolite owner here, awesome bike. Would really like to try an El Guapo. Seems to be a very well thought out bike like the Moto.

Titus are idiots though to our advantage, really poor brand marketing in europe means top end frames at budget prices for us 😆

takisawa2

Didnt STW review one once. Sure they liked it. I certainly did, it looked bloody ace with them double arch Maguras.

cb

Jenson has 09 El Guapo frame at 949 dollars!!

Would love one but not my size. Its always been that irrational "I want it" bike for me for no other reason that its looks…

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

theres one in classified which looks nice.
    Can jenson ship titus overseas, I know they cant for many brands?

jools182
    Free Member

The Titus FTM frame is £650 at the moment on Jenson

Amos
    Free Member

Yeah saw the one in the classifieds but it's a large, no good 🙁

I havent asked Jenson but they wouldnt ship an Intense last week

Ah well something will come up I'm sure

TinMan
    Free Member

Try fleabay search, a shop has an 09 frame for 950

Amos
    Free Member

Hmmm seems I've just bought the El Guapo frame from my local shop! It looks lovely will get pics up when it's built up! Pics of some from other owners welcome!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

8) get some pics up, its a really nice looking frame, was tempted by the classifieds one but wrong size for me too.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

one of my riding buddies has one in a baby blue colour size med, he is thinking of selling. The bike rides well both up and down, and has recently done a week in les arcs , however he has had problems with pivots and the back end of the frame. His local shop in bristol where he got it said it just does not seem to like british weather as he replaced parts before the alps trip in july and has had to to more since returning. Not sure on all the details but can find out for you if you really wanna know? Incidentally he told me that el guapo translates roughly to the handsome one, and it is a nice looking bike i think you'll agree.

MarkE25

I’m surpised at this as I’ve not had to do anything to the bearings on mine despite riding it thorugh 2 Peak’s winters and regularly jet washing it. I thini it is a brilliant bike and I’d definately recommend it
    Mark.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Titus el guapo’ is closed to new replies.