Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Titus el guapo
  • mrpink
    Free Member

Any one got one,good bad points + pics!

mrpink
    Free Member

No body got one?

hicksville
    Free Member

No got a supermoto but selling, similiar, el gaupo lighter similiar travel.
    Sumo, outstanding descender, good climber, excellent suspension system, just a fab bike and the el gap was similiar but just lighter and a bit more all dayer. one of Ben haworths editors choice in 08 I think. Recommended to test or buy my very very cheap supermoto 😀

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Looks very much like a beefed-up Motolite which is a tremendous bike.

You got an offer? What's the intended usage?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

The El Guapo is one of my favourite bikes that I will never own.

Beautiful things.

mrpink
    Free Member

Just an idea at the moment,swaped the talas 36 on my spot for a float 32 150 but still have the 36 fork.

lock
    Free Member

yep,i will try and post some pics ,havent even taken any yet,

i got this bike to be my play thing,ive got other bikes for going long or going fast so i need something i could pedal and jump,i dont jump enough jst to have a dh bike.

the 1st week i took it to cwm carn on the uplift and it was great gave me the confidence on the gnarly stuff and rode really well,next day i took it to afan whites level,i wasnt expecting that much on the climb but with the pro pedal i really hammered it up to the top,it has great rear wheel traction and feels pretty good out of the saddle for a big bike,

mine has foxs 36s on and high roller super tacky tyres so it is super smooth going down,

i mainly ride hardtails so it does take an hour to get used to flicking the bike about and my wheels and tyres aint great after 3hrs and your tired,but it depends on your fitness and who your ride with,i could take it on one of my fast rides and will do out of interest but i expect to suffer but some of my rides everyone rides similar bikes 28/32lbs bikes.

so i have done xc/jumpy rides on it,down hill for the day,2hr blasts hitting berms and ladder drops and hanging around hitting drops ,little dirt jumps and taking it to the alps soon

it is a little like the lappierre spicy but a bit better at pedalling and not quite as long

so far the only bad thing is the decals,after a couple of washes the rear and one side of the decals started to scratch,and i spoke to rep and he said they dont like muc off and will sort me out some new ones ,but the other day when washing bike i took the whole decal of with finger nail rather than have tatty scratched ones,the frame paint was perfect underneath and i think it looks better with no decal,if i get time ill post some pics

martinxyz
    Free Member

Fat tread have the ex magazine demo bike left for sale. its sold as seen with a few scratches,couple of dings in the rims and a bit worn in the drive… but the whole bike is going for around what the frame RRPd for.

guru77
    Free Member

i have titus El Guapo 2009 model. Just one thing to say : AMAZING BIKE.
    From downhill to uphill this bike does it all. I used it only a few times and i was thinking to sell it due to financial issues but the problem is that i liked it so much that i can not sell it (hope everything will be clear out financially 🙂 )
    Anyway if you are thinking to buy it do not hesitate.
    If you need any more info or photos let me know.

Brunk
    Free Member

Got an 07 El Guapo:

36 Float RC2 on the front and a Pearl 3.1 on the back, M4 monos and XT. Weighs around 32 pounds.

Definitely recommend one – feels really steady when pointing downwards and is a surprisingly good climber. Also thought the Pearl would be rubbish but it's been spot on.

Any niggles? Replaced the bearings on the main pivot but steel axle had fused to ally swingarm and snap – new stays needed.

Other than that – happy I bought it instead of the Moment I was lusting after

Brunk
    Free Member

Piccy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Titus el guapo’ is closed to new replies.