Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Titus carbon FTM experiences
  • bellerophon
    Free Member

Seriously tempted by one of these so was wondering what people’s experiences of them is? How do they ride….

Conan257
    Free Member

By all accounts the reviews are pretty decent… Well worth the money…

Hence why I’ve just forked out a 2nd hand one… Will be taking it round Dalby on the 5th Oct so can report back after that.

superdale
    Free Member

Fantastic – had mine now for about 16 months and its been faultless. Only had to replace the rear bushes last week as the drive side had a little squeek but it only took about 20mins to do.

Theres a previous thread here about the FTM:

FTM Link

I run mine as a 2×9 and fitted a K-Edge chain catcher after the first ride as if the chain does jump of the inside it can catch between the frame. Alternatively running it 1×10 is quite appealing plus you can then use the internal cable routing for the front mech to feed your dropper post cable.

I only helitaped inside the chainstay and around the bottom bracket area, the underside is very well protected with a shield and the frame finish is very durable.

I dont think you can find a better frame for the money. It will take a couple of weeks for the bushes on a new frame to wear in but after that the suspension is smooth as. I would recommend if you can afford it a two stage or adjustable fork. With a 140mm fork up front it can feel a little wandery/lifty up really steep climbs, but with a Talas 110/140 it climbs great and eats descents. Of course if your riding doesnt include steep climbs it doesn’t matter.

My recommendation would be buy one – you wont regret it.

dantsw13

I like mine a lot! The only weakness is the lack of adjustability of the RT3 rear shock. Changing the rebound/pro pedal settings has no effect.

smiff
    Free Member

hah tell me about it dantsw13, same issue (same shock on EG). the lever does have an effect but it’s subtle, nothing like PP on fox. and/or shocks may be a faulty batch, not sure.
    this bike is very nice from what i’ve read, higher bb than EG, only about 600g lighter though!

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Excellent bike. Everyone keeps commenting on the steeper than normal head angle but I didn’t really notice.

With a 140 Fox fork up front, I didn’t find it overly wandery on the climbs either – you just need to adjust your body position.

I liked the RS shock, I always thought propedal on Fox was a bit too much like night and day. The settings on the RT3 are more subtle but you don’t feel robbed on the descents if you leave it in the stiffest position, unlike with Propedal. Having said all that, it doesn’t bob that much anyway.

Its light, fast and there isn’t anything about for the same price. Fully recommended!

bellerophon
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies, the more the merrier. I have 140 revs dual air, 2×9, slx everywhere. All I need to buy extra will be seatpost and headset…. Really really tempted now…..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Titus carbon FTM experiences’ is closed to new replies.