Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Titec J bar shifter position
  • samej
    Free Member

I’ve got myself a pair of J bars which are lovely and comfy, but haven’t quite worked out how to set up the shifter nicely. I had the brakes and shifter (RH only) forward of the T of the bar, which was ok but the T gets in the way of shifting slightly, and I found I was having to move my hands forward every time I wanted to brake or shift. Is it possible to have a better set up? I thought about trying an XT I spec shifter but I don’t know if that would make any difference, or fit at all. Has anyone done this, or should I just put up with it/buy some Jones Loop bars and put these on my singlespeed?!

timbur
    Free Member

Ispec all the way. Can then mount forward or back on the extension depending on your preference.
    Stis were ideal for these bars but didn’t keep favour with the majority.
    Tim

john_l
    Free Member

Thing with the Jbars is that although they are the same sweep as Jones, i find there’s actually much less room on the bar to move around, if that makes sense?

Conversely, with the Jones bar & ESI grips, the brakes are actually mounted a fair way forward so you’re unlikely to reach them if you’re right back on the bar. It’s fine though & I much prefer the Jones.

But yeah, iSpec. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samej
    Free Member

Great thanks both. I’ll get an I spec shifter, and perhaps start saving for the Jones too! 🙂

dudeofdoom

Funny thing is I’ve been looking at the titec j on eBay but already spoilt with the bigger Jones on one bike and thought there’d be a bit annoying with shifter position

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Titec J bar shifter position’ is closed to new replies.