Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Titanium vs Steel – could/can you honestly tell the difference?
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Could I tell the difference? Yes.

If I had a magnet. I’ll get me coat. 🙂

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I went from an Inbred (DN6) to a Tinbred, and could tell the difference. The Ti frame was more springy and shock absorbing as well as being lighter, although sometimes felt like you were pedaling in Jelly.
    I am about to do the same comparison with a 29er Scandal and 29er Inbred (currently riding the Scandal).
    Would love a Ti 29er but the Carbon 29er is cheaper.

messiah
    Free Member

Saw the Soda in cycleworld yesterday, planning to blag a shottie so I can compare it with my Whyte 19 steel.

I can say it looked ace, but so did the Hummer hanging up in the back… it would be nice to have to make that decision…2011 could be the year for me to buy ti 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

Hands off thats MY soda…

trailmonkey

ti gives more feedback allowing for far more feeling and responsive response on technical climbing and comparatively greater absorbtion on aggressive trail centre days out.

when it gets hand to hand, ti all the way.

poppa
    Free Member

I have posted this before, but the feel of Ti as according to BikeRadar:

It’s not as radical as the action of a spring unloading (because a taut frame can’t really ‘unload’) but more like the reverb of a tuning fork, offering precisely the note you were looking for.

Lol, rofl, etc etc.

http://static.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/bikes/mountain/product/ala-carte-ti-10-frame-only-39444

cynic-al
    Free Member

aggressive trail centre days out

Where do I sign up?

poppa
    Free Member

That’s ‘Where do I sign up, w@nker?’. You’re not being aggresive enough.

james-o
    Free Member

poppa – on that review note, have you seen http://www.site.hbcutthecoursein1990.com/Bad_Reviews.html
    ?

justified or not, as rants go this site has some classics

crispedwheel
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member

ti gives more feedback allowing for far more feeling and responsive response on technical climbing and comparatively greater absorbtion on aggressive trail centre days out.

when it gets hand to hand, ti all the way.

Is that a quote from another Bike Radar review?

trailmonkey

not at all, steel may zing but ti goes wow, especially on long drifting off the brake corners and stuttering rock encounters.

poppa
    Free Member

rofl 🙄

mboy
    Free Member

PMSL at james-o’s link… Very funny!

And I wanna know that if steel zing’s, and carbon wow’s, what do ally and carbon frames do trailmonkey? And full suspension frames (I know, I know, stuff of the devil), what noise do they make? 😉

ratnips
    Free Member

“more feedback allowing for far more feeling” – Say that again…with more feeling.

“responsive response on technical climbing” – We need to see the stats for this 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Titanium vs Steel – could/can you honestly tell the difference?’ is closed to new replies.