• This topic has 40 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by sbob.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Titanium spork – Light My Fire
  • willard

Just got one in the post. Should it bend?

The metal itself is non-magnetic and looks the right colour, but it’s slightly worrying me that it seems a bit bendy where the spoon bit ends and the fork bit starts.

scotroutes

Titanium isn’t that rigid.

I find that eating with a Ti spork makes the food come alive.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Get Uri Geller to examine it.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

This?

Ive got two and not noticed it bend.

EDIT – What does this mean?

spoon bit ends and the fork bit starts

Its all one bit…

willard

Scotroutes, it’s only a 17C spork, not a 650b one.

Just realised I’ve badly maligned Lifeventure… It should be “Light My Fire”

DezB
    Free Member

I is confused to heck by this thread.

fasthaggis

I think the thread got bent in the post.

scotroutes

The LMF Spork isn’t really a Spork – it’s a combination/double-ended spoon and fork like this

wwaswas

seems like a good design if you want dinner all over your fingers.

fasthaggis

willard

Leaving aside the spork vx. forkoon argument, I would like to thank scotroutes for the photo. It saves me putting up my own.

Basically, the bit in the middle where the metal is not shiny is where I’m asking about. Should the spork bend there?

trail_rat
    Free Member

in the fork and spoon plane – probably its not all that thick.

the width will give it rigidity for cutting.

DezB
    Free Member

Stop calling it a spork.

What’s the point of a spork anyway? Except for maybe when going camping and that vital extra spoon could mean the difference between making your destination and dying of exhaustion.

aphex_2k
    Free Member

Ti that thin will be flexy. Let your noodles soak more before you try to eat them 🙂

teethgrinder

DezB
    Free Member

It’s not even on the bleedin chart!

wwaswas

Well a nice pair of knorks is always welcome, regardless of the meal.

aracer
    Free Member

More to the point, what’s the point of a titanium spork forkoon sporf, when a plastic one works just as well for pretty much everything most people use one for. Then again so do a couple of bits of plastic cutlery available for free at every good motorway service station.

aracer
    Free Member
    DezB
    Free Member

I’ve edited the Wiki page
    A lightweight plastic sporf. This style is increasingly popular as a utensil for weight-conscious weirdos.

househusband

Stop calling it a spork.

No. 😉

I’ve got quite a bit of Light My Fire stuff including several plastic sporks and one titanium one. The only issue I have with it is that it does get very hot, too hot to hold, when stirring stuff – which is why I like my Alpkit long handled spoon (‘lhoon’ I think they called it).

aracer
    Free Member

<reverting>

Given househusband’s point I’d be editing my post from “just as well” to “better” if it wasn’t too late.

househusband

No, titanium does have its place – it is better for some culinary applications as it is more rigid and I have melted a plastic spork by accident.

And, as Scotroutes has already pointed out, it does make the food ‘come alive’. 8)

willard

Like I said, I got it because the lexan one I had snapped, so I needed a replacement. Titanium is awesome so was a natural choice.

That said, if it makes food “come alive” I would suggest that you either get a lid for the pot and cook it for longer, or learn how to kill things properly and not just stun them.

wwaswas

learn how to kill things properly and not just stun them.

unless you’re French and like your steaks ‘badly injured’ rather than ‘medium rare’

Onzadog
    Free Member

I have one of these and it brings my snap alive when I’m in the middle on nowhere. Mine doesn’t bend though.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

I have a Lifeventure one as above, and have never noticed any stiffness issues.

piesoup
    Free Member

unless you’re French and like your steaks ‘badly injured’ rather than ‘medium rare’

Just spat coffee at the computer screen! 😆

Cougar

Looks like a great way of eating food whilst simultaneously cutting your mouth to ribbons to me. And what the Frank use is a knife that’s on the same utensil as your fork, how’s that supposed to work?

Weight weenies, first against the wall when the revolution comes I tell you.

brassneck

No idea why, but my kids will eat more or less anything if you give them a Spork to do it with.

Must enjoy multiple gum injuries or something.

househusband

Maybe my comments didn’t come across as sufficiently spork tongue-in-cheek…

scotroutes

Did you manage to cut your tongue with a particularly sharp Sporf?

mrmo
    Free Member

just use chopsticks and be done with it.

househusband

Did you manage to cut your tongue with a particularly sharp Sporf?

I don’t have a ‘sporf’ and I feel all empty and inadequate – I don’t know how I’ll cope next time in the wilderness.

organic355
    Free Member

just use chopsticks and be done with it.

these?

willard

Do they come in carbon fibre?

aracer
    Free Member

these?

[/quote]
    No – what you have there is a fopstick and a knopstick

CountZero

The LMF Spork isn’t really a Spork – it’s a combination/double-ended spoon and fork like this

Yeah, a Spoon/fork combination, or SPORK.

😆 doesn’t that belong to the epicurean school of ‘take off the horns and wipe its bum, I’ll eat it’?

Waderider
    Free Member

More to the point, what’s the point of a titanium spork forkoon sporf, when a plastic one works just as well for pretty much everything most people use one for.

Plastic is brittle in cold temperatures – no laughing matter when you plastic spork snaps in Kettleton Byre at -15 degrees centigrade and you dinner is cooling faster than you can find a replacement.

OP – mine has been bendy for years, go out on yer bike

metalheart
    Free Member

Just sayin…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Titanium spork – Light My Fire’ is closed to new replies.