Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Titanium or Carbon road bike ?
  • snap
    Free Member

Hi
    Ive been offered a Giant tcr composite frame at a good price …Im currently riding a titanium merlin and although im happy with it and have been for a while now , Im just Carbon curious
    So the question is what advantages / Disadvantages can i expect if i change ?

Thanks

m1kea
    Free Member

You should find the Ti frame more comfortable. CF will be lighter but can also be a more ‘vigorous’ ride.

I have 3 CF road bikes and one Ti fwiw.

nemesis
    Free Member

Carbon can be just about anything depending on how it’s designed.

snap
    Free Member

m1kea
    If you were off to the alps for a 3day Col bashing trip would you take the Ti or the Carbon ?

cynic-al
    Free Member

probably stiffer/harsher.

m1kea
    Free Member

Snap

My Giant TCR Advanced SL- Tis the lightest and my Ti bike has mudguards on it 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

My canyon slx is lighter, stiffer where it counts and more comfortable than the Litespeed Tuscany it replaced. You can’t do stereotypes with any frame material.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You can’t do stereotypes with any frame material.

Spot on. Almost……Good ti is lovely, bad ti is awful. Good carbon is lovely, bad carbon is awful. Etc.

However, die-cast magnesium frames? 😉

eshershore
    Free Member

TCR Composite is relatively comfortable for a race frame and very neutral feeling handling compared to some others

I got the rider the newer TCR Advanced Pro for a while last year, and was pleasantly surprised by the ride quality and handling, although I’d say the OD2 (1.5″) front end dominates the feel of the bike to some degree compared to the less expensive non-Pro 1.125″ models

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Titanium or Carbon road bike ?’ is closed to new replies.