Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Titanium hardtail 29er that takes 140mm forks?
  • squealer
    Free Member

Is there such a thing other that the Titus on one sell? I’m looking for something “off the shelf” rather than custom built, mainly because of the price but I’m struggling to find anything suitable.

Would prefer 142mm axle and tapered headtube but not essential.

Thanks.

Rorschach
    Free Member

http://www.spanner.org.uk/
    Have a read.Design on yourself.Get it made in China.It will still be much cheaper than any off the shelf bike (It’s all kingdom bikes do….but the charge double for the privilege)

mattjg
    Free Member

There aren’t any production frames like that to the best of my knowledge. If a custom builder is working with straight tubes I think they struggle to get the chain stays shorter than the Fireline.

There are several options if you are good with steel, I have a Canfield Nimble 9.

mboy
    Free Member

Kinesis Sync still works fine with 140mm forks, and importantly IT doesn’t void the warranty.

Got 120’s on mine for a more XC setup, it’s a fantastic bike!

mattjg
    Free Member

Good point I forgot the Sync.

peanut
    Free Member

I think 2souls were doing the Quaterhorse in Ti?

danti

Quarterhorse is up to 130mm but the Stanton Switchback might meet your requirements although it’s £1600

amplebrew

The Kingdom Legion is listed as being suitable for 100mm to 140mm.

singlespeedstu

Quarterhorse is up to 130mm

From the 2souls site.

the QH feels at home with a 120mm fork on marathon missions as well as with 140mm fork and downhill cockpit on alpine trails

Also rides great with a 150 Fox 34 in. 🙂

accu
    Free Member

and with a 140mm pike… 😀

danti

Sss – you’re quoting from the steel QH page rather than the Ti version which is optimised around 120-130mm forks

accu
    Free Member

the geo is exactly the same by steel and ti..
    so not really optimised
    reason for the limitation is just the material..

bikeneil
    Free Member

I have read that Kona may be bringing out a Ti version of the Honzo next year.

neil853
    Free Member

For the record I really like my Fireline, in fact that’s a massive understatement as it blew me away the first time I rode it. I cant compare to the other bikes named mind. I had every intention of putting a 140mm pike on, and a friend on here Gee76 has one on his but after 6/8 months of riding a 120mm pike and the fact I’ve sunk cash into a 650b Enduro bike has meant I’m happy to keep them on.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Titanium hardtail 29er that takes 140mm forks?’ is closed to new replies.