• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by StuE.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Titanium British road/cx frame required….
  • bothybiker
    Free Member

I’m after a titanium frame to build as a comfortable road frame for longish distances. I’m looking to put 28cc road tyres on but with the option to go a bit wider if needed. Must be a disc frame. Multiple mounts for guards, racks etc are good but not essential. Internal routing would be a bonus but not deal breaker.

Also, I like bikes that are made in Britain, or at least by a British company even if made abroad. A bit pointless as most of the rest of the build parts won’t be I know but it’s a little thing that matters to me. I currently have an Orange, Genesis and On-One.

I’ve considered a Ti Croix de Fer as an easy choice (I already have a steel one) but looking to see what else is about.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I’m just building up a charge plug 5 titanium frame.

Plenty of clearance for the 700x43c soma cazadero tyres I fitted.

allthegear
    Free Member

Do Sabbath have something to your liking?

Rachel

MoreCashThanDash

Enigma, Reilly Cycleworks, Burls, Kinesis GF Ti, Spa Cycles

Quite a few nowadays.

bothybiker
    Free Member

Hadn’t heard of Sabbath but they look interesting thanks! Kinesis also seem like a good option. Will check out those others mentioned.

brassneck

Tripster

But Sabbath and Enigma would also need a look.

Grim
    Free Member

You have also got the Sonder Cameo from Alpkit. Designed in the UK but not sure where it is made. It’s been getting some good reviews and certainly is a possibility for my next bike.
    Link here.

fatmax

I lust after something like that from Enigma…

bothybiker
    Free Member

Yeah I read about the new Sonder bikes with interest. Look forward to seeing a few longer term reports.

pete68
    Free Member

I’ve had a sabbath ar1 for a while now. Very nice it is too. Would highly recommend. Loads of tyre clearance.

dovebiker

If you want a ‘British’ built only Enigma or Reilly can probably help and only their custom frames are actually made in the UK, their stock frames are made in far east. Sonder Camino ti probably meets your spec – I’ve bought a few custom frames from the same factory they use and it’s good quality stuff.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

On One Pickenflick with SRAM Rival hydraulics is £1300 just now

genubah
    Free Member

The Enigma Ecroix is very similar to the Sabbath September AR-1 (disc, clearance for 35c, mudguard and rack eyelets). There is also the Enigma Etape Disc with clearance for 28c and mudguards, and Enigma offer additional services in-house(bike fitting, finishes).

bothybiker
    Free Member

Thanks all. Had a browse of the Enigma and Sabbath sites and look pretty good! Will check out the others and compare geometry wise to my Croix de Fer which I find fits pretty well.

duner
    Free Member

If you want any details on Enigma drop me a line – sales@enigmabikes.com

mc
    Free Member

I just so happened to see this link posted on a totally unrelated site – http://www.jlaverack.co.uk/

StuE
    Free Member
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Titanium British road/cx frame required….’ is closed to new replies.