Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Titanium bolts
  • PaulBecks
    Free Member

Is it safe to replace full sus pivots and linkages with Ti ones? If so, does anyone know who can supply? I can get everythnig else on the bike but have struggled when trying to find larger threads and patterns.

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Place on ebay, I think they’re just called ti bolts?? I personally wouldnt put any near pivots.

snaps
    Free Member

I see no problem replacing them if you check the torsional properties are the same or better than what you’re replacing.
    Ti bolts is Superstar components.
    http://www.tastynuts.com/ is where I get mine from.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I ordered some Ti Bolts from Superstar, the first ones I received were OK (caliper bolts), I then ordered some disc bolts and a Hope Mini lever kit, the quality was appalling, sent the lot back and got a refund.

nickc

Should be OK, as long as they’re from a decent source.

Offroading
    Free Member

Superstar ones are poor IMO – i’ve had some with cracked heads, unpolished so all the machine grooves are still present etc.

clubber
    Free Member

suspension pivot bolts shouldn’t be under heavy load if it’s a decent frame design so it should be fine for most bikes. I wouldn’t be willing to pay but if i was given them i’d have no problem using them.

clubber
    Free Member

slight caveat to that. I wouldn’t use ti bolts for the shock as they’re directly loaded.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

TI Bolts ones I’ve used for my stem are soft as sh*t. They just round off on the allen keys.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Yeah – mine did too. Never had it happen from other suppliers. Really poor show all round. And the disc brake mounts were too long – well they were for all the frames I tried them on. Hey ho. Nothing ventured etc.

XC_PK
    Free Member

TJ & GTTH- Thanks I was going to order some bolts from Ti Bolts but will use one of the other companies.

PB- Replied to your mail

Offroading
    Free Member

Some frames use alloy bolts – so i think its safe to say Ti is fine…

njee20
    Free Member

I was gonna say, most frames use alu bolts if they’re a big size, Spesh and Trek definitely do.

It’ll be fine, there’s nowhere on a bike I wouldn’t use ti bolts.

As for a supplier, try Pro Bolt

uplink
    Free Member

I prefer to use stainless steel bolts
    I’d have no technical worries with Ti but I only want corrosion resistance & aren’t bothered about a couple of grams in weight

Stagonset

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Titanium bolts’ is closed to new replies.