Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • Titanium bike thread – Post up pics of yours
  • flashes
    Free Member

IF

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

They are Ti Luv Handles from Groovy Cycles.

http://groovycycleworks.com/extras.aspx

CheesybeanZ

Gruenermoench ,what bikes attached to your luv handles ? looks lush

billyboulders
    Free Member

adeward
    Free Member

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

I took delivery of it just a few weeks ago. It was built by Scott Quiring in the US and is based on a Ventana rear end that I bought second hand on here.

Home

boxfish
    Free Member

nicko74

ade ward

I…. don’t… understand

Could you explain your bike?

adeward
    Free Member

i wanted a very short chainstay 29er with loads of mud clearance

chainstays 417mm to 437mm and at least 10mm between a 2.5 tyre and any part of the frame,

dropouts clamp with three bolts giving a more stable platform than a 2 bolt slider,, it only changes ride height by 2mm at over the 20mm movement ,

CheesybeanZ

psychle
    Free Member

I really like that Ade Ward… loving the ‘slammed’ stem and the e-stay, plus those dropouts look totally industrial and cool!

Lynskey Ridgeline 29 Rohloff at about 6 months old.

Picture 018 by Vegan Graham, on Flickr

And again at 11 months old.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

ANOTHER cracked Lynskey. It looks like they didn’t even fusion weld a collar into the seattube.

Did they warranty it?

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Graham those are pretty nasty looking cracks! What was the out come? What was the cause? Did they sort a replacement ok?

BTW the Brodie from Si looks just right! reminds me of when I first saw the slightly curved top tube on the Lynskey 456. Somethings just look right.

Hornet600
    Free Member

bobster
    Free Member

MidlandTrailquestsGraham – My Lynskey built Hummer went in exactly the same way

I’m going to try and get it boxed up and posted back to CRC tomorrow, although it might be Monday now.
    I’d prefer a refund if I can. I don’t expect CRC will do that, so I’m hoping for a replacement rather than a repair.

Gruenermoench
    Free Member

The walls of the seattube are too thin to cope with the forces caused by the the seatpost which is why the area should be reinforced with a collar / insert which is usually fusion welded in place.

http://www.paragonmachineworks.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=SC09

You can just see the weld beading in the below pic.

epicyclo

accu
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘Titanium bike thread – Post up pics of yours’ is closed to new replies.