Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Tiresome tagging
  • Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Not only hiding behind a username but also hiding completely by tagging every thread I post in – you are one stalker geek supremo.

Do carry on if it keeps you happy though.

Tiger6791

Well you can tag without posting so it will be hard to work out the common denominator.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You can tag without posting.

Anyway surf mat what are you getting – I get "TJ goes into orbit" on just about every thread I participate in and sometimes on ones I haven't even joined in. Plus other piss taking tags

Jamie
    Free Member

That is a lot of tags for a 4 min old thread.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

TJ – I get "Surf Mat goes into orbit" and other similar stuff.

Nice to know someone cares though isn't it?

Sorry though phantom tagger, I'm married and I think TJ is the same.

BigDummy
    Free Member

You were presumably not terribly surprised that most people have chosen to respond to this thread by tagging it, perhaps tiresomely. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That is a lot of tags for a 4 min old thread.

And more to come presumably

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK how's this?:

better?
    Happy Happy Happy
    I can tag without posting…
    I have a big willy
    I'm tired
    It's not me!
    See?
    sfb argues
    Surf Mat = AWESOME
    Surf-Mat = Satisfactory
    TJ goes into orbit

EDIT I think you shoud take it less seriously, and perhapss "on the chin" as you occasionally do in threads, usually after a good PWNing 😀

dmiller
    Free Member

Hmmm. Despite someone (mods – not me honest guv I wouldnt be that childish – TJ done in it on his way to orbit) abusing the tag Surf Mat = AWESOME all over the front page its still not showing on http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/tags/

I wonder how much abuse is needed to make it a hot tag? 🙂

fbk
    Free Member

There are Tags?…. Ooh yeah – is there a reason for them? I've never really bothered with them in the past!

dmiller
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member

OK how's this?:

better?
    Happy Happy Happy
    I can tag without posting…
    I have a big willy
    I'm tired
    It's not me!
    See?
    sfb argues
    Surf Mat = AWESOME
    Surf-Mat = Satisfactory
    TJ goes into orbit

DMILLER = MOAR AWESOME

FFS how could you miss the best one? Bah.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I am awaiting "TJ goes into orbit" achieving hot tag status.

coffeeking
    Free Member

That's a pretty amazing number of threads tagged with that. Either we're being double bluffed or someone is well cheesed off. Only the mods know as they know who's doing the tagging.

dmiller
    Free Member

Interesting enough fact for the mods to know when they get here, and I suspect they will, you can get by the wear filters in the tags…

Mark

Tags shoudl be three words max BTW. longer ones, no matter how funny, get deleted when we spot them.

Mark

Oh and WE see exactly who has posted which tag – On my screen each one has the author's name next to it.

So, for example I can see that it was dmiller who wrote the tag, 'I have a big willy'.

Which I am now about to delete as it has more then three words in it.

dmiller
    Free Member

So, for example I can see that it was dmiller who wrote the tag, 'I have a big willy'.

🙂

cynic-al
    Free Member

Surf Mat should be banned for creating work for the mods.

Jamie
    Free Member

dmiller must have threatened to send a picture of aforementioned big willy to the mods, as the tag still remains.

Edit: Oh it looks like both sides have resolved willy-gate amicably.

dmiller
    Free Member

Other interesting facts about tags:
    – Does it make the thread fresh again and pop it to the top as if someone had posted? Weird?
    – To get on the "hot tags" list you need over 300 topics tagged with that! Perhaps a tag age thing so that topics over a month old dont affect the tag count?

Infact what are they actually for?

boxelder

Tag nuts ………… meant something else when I was a lad.

Tiger6791

152 topics should do it

coffeeking
    Free Member

tag sizism. How unfair 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It seems "surf mat likes it up the tag" will meet an undeservedly early end too then?

coffeeking
    Free Member

surf mat = awesome is 4 words Mark?

cynic-al
    Free Member

3 words and a symbol. If the mods are sporting they'll leave it.

I suppose Mat might threaten to ju-jitsu them all to death in teh face.

MrNutt
    Free Member

another day another willy-gate?

dmiller
    Free Member

Is = a word? I would say that "Surf Mat Equals Awesome" is four words, but "Surf Mat = Awesome" is three words and some punctuation…

Is "New Shimano Frame!" four words as it has a !? Since when is the = greater than the !? Or even a full stop? Could you argue that "It's not me!" is five words?

Also RE willygate:

WILLYGATE by squishband, on Flickr

coffeeking
    Free Member

3 words and a symbol. If the mods are sporting they'll leave it.

the symbol is a word.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ahhh The Daily Sport…..it's what Tony Benn reads.

swavis

"TJ goes into orbit"
    I can see it on a T-shirt soon 😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Can someone remind me why it is traditional to torment Surf-Mat in this fashion?

It can't just be because of his Men's Health good looks, buoyant self-esteem and special forces experience. What has he actually done to be derided for being so awesome? 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mark – Resident Grumpy

Tags shoudl be three words max BTW. longer ones, no matter how funny, get deleted when we spot them.

so is "TJ goes into orbit" deleted then? I was quite looking forward to it becoming a hot tag

tron
    Free Member

Can someone remind me why it is traditional to torment Surf-Mat in this fashion?

A lot of people still haven't forgiven him for the time he beat Chuck Norris up.

Jamie
    Free Member

It can't just be because of his Men's Health good looks, buoyant self-esteem and special forces experience. What has he actually done to be derided for being so awesome?

Derided? Unless the dictionary definition of derided has changed to worshipped, I think you're barking up the wrong tree BD.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I must confess Jamie, I feel rather small. Here I was, assuming that if we were calling someone "AWESOME" it must be somehow "ironic". I do apologise. This place does have a terrible effect on one's view of humanity.

Jamie
    Free Member

STW has made cynical husks of us all BD….you're not alone.

dmiller
    Free Member

It can't just be because of his Men's Health good looks, buoyant self-esteem and special forces experience.

He's not meeting my good lady then…

Junkyard
    Free Member

he already has.He has stealth powers as and no lady, and very few men, can resist his awesome allure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mrs deadly met Surf Mat once. In a way I feel I've been touched by greatness (by proxy).

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Tiresome tagging’ is closed to new replies.