Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tired, sore eyes – what filter or even flat screen monitor?
  • hora
    Free Member

No matter how I play with the contrast etc on my Dell monitor my eyes still get sore/dry.

Ideas?

wwaswas

get your eyes tested.

change the distance you are focusing on more regularly (ie look out of a window, walk round the office).

Sidney
    Free Member

Second getting your eyes tested. I had similar problems with dry scratchy eyes and I had noticed an increased sensitivity to bright light. Optician said I had a condition called Blepharitis which is where the edges of the eyelids become swollen and sore. I try and use eye wipes to manage it but it has flared up again. You might have a similar condition.

rusty90
    Free Member

Do you wear glasses? In my 40’s I went to the doctor complaining about sore eyes. She asked my age and occupation then, when she’d finished laughing, directed me to the nearest optician.

GrahamS

No matter how I play with the contrast etc on my Dell monitor my eyes still get sore/dry.

Turn the brightness down. My monitor isn’t much brighter than a sheet of white A4.

FWIW my main monitor at the moment is a 27″ BenQ GW2765.

IPS (better contrast and easier on the eyes than TFT), non-flicker backlight and Low Blue Light emission (supposed to be better on the eyes too).

I like it!

(wish I’d had it decades ago before I knackered my eyes squinting at tiny blurry CRTs)

Cougar

Your mother warned you you’d go blind.

WW has it I think, look away every so often to give your eyes a rest (there’s HSE guidelines on this I think). Eye test can’t hurt either.

mushrooms
    Free Member

Not sure if these work or not,

http://www.gunnars.com

allfankledup

Blink more

Or get away from the screen every now and again

Thats the advice I was given anyhow….

binners

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tired, sore eyes – what filter or even flat screen monitor?’ is closed to new replies.