Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tips to stop my bar-mount light from moving around?
  • kevin1911

I have a few of the ‘value’ bike lights from the last few years, all held onto the bars with those rubber ring bands. All the lights seem to routinely work their way around the bar so they end up aiming at the front tyre or the moon.

I’m sure I saw some tips on here earlier in the winter for getting the lights to stay put, but I can’t find the thread now.

Anyone got any tips?

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Get a strip of inner tube, wrap around bars & attach light mount. Job done, now ride……. 😉

robinlaidlaw
    Free Member
    z1ppy

Robin +1 or just wrap electrical tape around the bars where you attach it, as per RB’s suggestion.

Northwind

Grippier tape works better- masking tape, cloth tape, bar tape, something like that. Never had a light move once that’s on.

curlie467
    Free Member

I hang mine under the bars rather than on top.

Clobber
    Free Member

As previously mentioned, some sort of tape round the bar to add grip is your friend…

welshfarmer

I tend to use a pair of cable ties in a figure of 8 type configuration to fix it down tight! I now have a bright helmet lamp so I notice the bar light far less though

kevin1911

Great – will try the tape thing first. Many thanks!

paladin

I use cable ties. Head light is also cable tied to my helmet.

curlie467
    Free Member

Ouch!

dannyh
    Free Member

Double sided sticky tape to attach a piece of inner tube to the bar.

BigJohn

If it’s a conventional torch shape I just use a toe strap in a sort of U configuration (i.e.NOT a figure of 8 or any sort of crossover) and as long as it;s sitting on some bar tape it’s solid as a rock and a puss o piss to get on and off.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tips to stop my bar-mount light from moving around?’ is closed to new replies.