Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tips on removing bearing race please…
  • I’ve changed all my pivot bearings today on my Enduro, using a combination of nuts, bolts, washers, sockets and bits of tube – all fairly straightforward.

However, the main two, by the BB were the most corroded and one of them disintegrated when I tried removing it. Now I’m just left with the outer race stuck in the swingarm, with nothing I can really get any purchase on.

Tips please.

Ta 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Ha. That’s exactly what happened to me a couple of months back.

LBS, just got the hot air gun to it, and then some careful punching out.

I guess the blind bearing puller might be able to expand into the outer race and then you can pull it? Never tried it, personally.

Rorschach
    Free Member

That and piping hot water.60% of the time……it works every time.
    Other wise dremel the mf.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Diamond bit and a dremmel when it happened on the horst link bearing on the wife’s fsr.

Suggsey
    Free Member

I used the blind bearing puller kit as above on my seized kona main bearings and they came out with relative ease also headset bearings that had seized. Only thing s that kit costs nearly £100!
    See if someone nearby you has one you can borrow perhaps?

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Same thing happened on my old trance, carefully cut a slot on either side of the race with a Dremel and then prised it out with a screwdriver

J273
    Free Member

I had this problem with pretty much all the bearings in my enduro. They only way I could get them out was using a bearing puller that Rorschach posted. Check eBay as I managed to get one pretty cheap and they are pretty useful to have.

Bought a Dremel today and that did the job. Dunno what else I’ll use it for now though.

Anyway, bearings all replaced, shock mounting bushes replaced and RP23 airsleeve service done.

Sense of satisfaction and bike feels great – had to stick another 5psi in the shock it feels that plush.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tips on removing bearing race please…’ is closed to new replies.