Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • tips on getting shot of verukas – fast
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I'm going to try that on my heal when I get home 😉

Militant_biker

Not sure if it works for verukas – this works on warts

Get a drill bit. Heat it up on the gas ring of the cooker. Apply to skin and hold it on for a few seconds/until you can't stand the pain. Repeat.

This got rid of a pesky wart on my finger that had resisted all freezing treatments by the doc and over-the-counter treatments. But saying that – I have a stupid high pain threshold, so it may not work if you are easily 'pained'.

And there's no scar.

redthunder
    Free Member

Cut Deep

Compound W

Cut Again

Compound W

Cut Again

Repeat until gone.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

If you leave them long enough (maybe 7 years!) they eventually die of their own accord! oh and freezing stuff off doesn't hurt at all. I recently had a mole frozen off my back it was just a cold wierd sensation no pain though.

jond
    Free Member

Warts rather than verrucas, but I had mebbe 3 on one hand at different times as a teenager – same approach as redthunder.
    Compound w to kill the top, slice dead top off after a while (with a razor blade), repeat. When it was level with skin, I just used compound w. One left a small scar, another left a slight bump after about a year or so, but no change since.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I had a verruca for ages and kept scratching/picking at it. Eventually it spread to my finger in the form of a wart.

Tried those 'home freeze' things and it worked first time on my foot/finger.

mooman
    Free Member

Stanley knife. Cut around it and it lifts out like a plug.
    You`ll hardly feel it. The thought of doing it hurts alot more..

carlphillips
    Free Member

i disagree with you foxy

my time is waaaay more better (should read 'used to be' im now private and love treating verruca's :D) spent helping people with serious conditions and preventing them from amputations/infections and life threatening complications of their conditions, it is not just about a money saving exercise rather than proper use of our skills, how many people would potentially suffer amputations or much worse if our books were clogged up with every poor tom dick and harry wanting their verruca's frozen?

<insert welsh rapper tune of guns dont kill people rappers do>

bananas dont cure vp's immune systems do

oh and mooman it doesn't always work but cutting them out almost always hurts!!!

foxyrider
    Free Member

fatmuthahubbard – its the times we live in! I remember as a kid easily getting an appointment to freeze my numerous verrucas off – Over the years, staff to patient ratios have decreased (demand increases)so I am not suprised you say what you say. We don't like doing the mundane stuff but in my profession (private industry) you have to do what ever comes through the door as they pay directly (not indirectly) for it!

eldridge
    Free Member

When I was a kid I had 6 on one foot. My dad being a doctor, he pulled strings to get them surgically removed in hospital – they took out every wart in its own plug of skin from the sole of my foot. I had to have a general anaesthetic but was treated as a day patient. I was able to walk aftet two days and they never came back

So, maybe suggest "If I went private….."

chemister

Ouch-Eldridge! sledgehammer to crack a nut. I have to agree to agree with fatmuthahubbard live with them unless painful. Lols re banana skin treatments- you really stick banana skins to your feet, pictures please 😀

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘tips on getting shot of verukas – fast’ is closed to new replies.