Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tips for setting up a coil shock?
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Got my first coil shock earlier – just got rebound on it (Marazzochi Coil R) – I’ve got a rough idea how to set it but wonder if anyone has some tips.

jam-bo

Dial on the rebound until it feels right.

Go ride.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

How do you know when it feels “right”

jam-bo

Not too fast, not to slow…..

solamanda
    Free Member

Set the rear a few clicks slower than the forks, go ride and try a few clicks faster/slower from this setting. See what you prefer.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Forks (RS Domains) don’t have rebound 😯

racing_ralph
    Free Member

course they do

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Ooo, they do as well – spent the last couple of hours servicing my RS Revs so should have remembered the rebound is on the bottom of the leg of RS forks!!!!

mboy
    Free Member

You got probably the single easiest shock in the world to set up there, cos all you can adjust is the rebound or spring preload. So, for now, assuming you got the correct spring weight for your weight, just twiddle the rebound adjuster either way until it feels right, probably about the same as your forks. Then go ride.

You’ll quickly know on the trails if it’s too slow or too fast, and be able to adjust accordingly.

nickjb
    Free Member

1. Work out correct spring for your weight
    2. Adjust pre-load for 25% sag
    3. Adjust rebound until its OK

Quick rebound test – Stand next to your bike and push down hard on the saddle then release. It should push back on your hand a fraction of a second later. If it comes straight back up then there’s not enough damping, if it takes a while to come back then there’s too much damping. Tweak from there when riding.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Yeah, think its set OK now. Just need to test it 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tips for setting up a coil shock?’ is closed to new replies.