Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tips for searching ebay europe…
  • spooky_b329

I’m trying to find a drivers seat from a left hand drive van.

If I search the UK, loads of right hand drive seats from breakers come up. If I try and include Europe, even after typing in fifteen different translations for the work seat, I get one result and several pages of seat covers.

I tried ebay.fr and .de, and got a few extra results but it still looks like its being filtered perhaps to those sellers who have not specifically stated UK as a postage destination.

There must be a way…

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Eastern europe?

spooky_b329

You mean go on ebay.pl for example? Just tried and no different.

I’m guessing it knows I’m in the UK and is still filtering the results…the Nigerian scammers have obviously worked out how to see our UK only auctions but I suspect they are using VPN and that seems like a lot of work effort just to view what the germans might be willing to post over to the UK.

cranberry
    Free Member

It will be tricky as many sellers won’t sell something that heavy to a person outside their country.

What van is it ?

Alphabet

When you do a search on eBay, at least the full screen version, not sure about the mobile version, down the left hand side you get an option to pick Europe or Worldwide search results under the Item Location heading.

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’ve had a vw multivan seat shipped over from Germany few years ago.. Start with eBay.de

spooky_b329

Its an Iveco Daily, want to change the double passenger for a single.

The seats that match the existing ones were only fitted for two years and fairly rare. My van has a suspension seat and been haggling on matching suspension one in Poland thats been relisted for the last six months, got them down from £680 to £400, they won’t meet me at £350…it is also missing the base which is another £60! At £350 I’m already offering well above what I think its really worth, that was a last ditch top up to try and seal a deal!

A UK one went for £240 including the base recently but it would have been a 12 hour round trip to collect!

Alphabet, tried that, it still limits the results to those that have already listed UK as a destination 🙁

maccruiskeen

I’m suggesting something obvious here maybe – if you’re searching foreign versions are ebay.. are you using that language too? Are you searching ebay.fr for a ‘seat’ or a ‘siege’ for instance.

spooky_b329

iveco daily (plads,, eserlekua,, zitplaats,, istuin,, siège,, vend,, sitz,, sedile,, s?deklis,, s?dyn?,, sete,, siedzenie,, scaun,, sittplats)

!!!

(strange, just tried again as I was going to replace the accented characters with normal ‘e’s, and it has now brought up a few extra seats… (before I changed the ‘e’s)

maccruiskeen

At the top of the search results on the right have you tried changing your postcode to one in the countries you’re searching – then set the results by ‘nearest’

spooky_b329

Excellent, I’m not sure if the postcode trick actually changed anything apart from filtering all the seat covers to the bottom of the list, but have found exactly what I’m looking for, however the price is still a bit eyewatering!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tips for searching ebay europe…’ is closed to new replies.