Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tips for drying out an Iphone 4s ?
  • TheDoctor
    Free Member

I am currently trying the covering it in rice method, any better ideas? or if it comes to it, repair options? 😥

stumpy01

The rice works. Are you keeping it in the airing cupboard. I’d leave it for as long as you can and don’t be tempted to keep turning it on to try it.

My mate dunked his iphone in the bog and it took almost 3 weeks of drying before it came back on. I think he tried it after a couple of weeks and had all but given up on it; gave it one last go and it came on.

downhilldave

My son used the rice method but it took a week in a warm place. I was dubious that it would work but hey,worth a try. Mrs Dhd kindly washed one of mine on a 90min cycle. Killed it dead. 🙁

ton

we sell a bag with some magic stuff in to deal with this.
    pop your phone in for 24hrs and hey presto.

carlos
    Free Member

Was out on the roadie last night a found out the hard way that my water proof Jkt pocket isn’t that waterproof. iPhone has fluid under the screen and is currently in a box of rice. I’m not holding out that it’ll be Ok but worth a shot.

On the plus side I’ve got a new shiney phone now. 🙂

allfankledup

I bought an otter box

My old phone survived being dropped into a bucket of water, submersed in a stream (couldn’t un clip quick enough)
    It died in the end – but apple didn’t detect any water ingress so am sticking with otter box as a saviour here.

Rice as per others

ambientcoast
    Free Member

I reviewed/tested the Lifedge case for the iPhone 5/5searlier this year. Recommended if your phone regularly goes anywhere near water!

UK company too. :o)

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Under the screen will always leave a stain. New screen time at a guess.

Best way to treat a water damaged phone is to get it wetter believe it or not. Deionised water or pure alcohol bath the logic board.

Then no need for rice. Or magic dessicant

jambalaya
    Free Member

Rice and airing cupboard for as long as you can, a week or so. It could still be dead though. I had a blackberry which got dunked in salt water (very bad as more conductive) and it got it working with this method, it was never the same again though but at least I got all the data off.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I’d deffo use deionised water, certainly worked for a keyboard full of Cillit Bang recently.

But you should not do this to the screen, as it will leave nasty marks, so the process will require a dismantle. Perhaps try drying it out for a week first and then the above if no joy.

senorj

The relative humidity chamber has overtaken the vacuum ovens for drying out phones at my work. 🙂
    I would be tempted to try putting it in a fan oven ,on a chopping board, door open & v low temp for a few hours if i didnt have works facilities.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Cheers for the suggestions, a combination of rice and low oven temp baking seems to have restored some life to it 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tips for drying out an Iphone 4s ?’ is closed to new replies.