Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tips for belleding Formula Oro K24's
  • stayhigh

Morning All

as per title really, I'll be bleeding mine a little later so any helpful tips appreciated 🙂

neninja
    Free Member

I first read the title as 'bellending' and thought you must really love your K24's – sorry nothing useful to add.

Jamie
    Free Member

Also nothing to add other than I was intrigued as to how one bellended a set of brakes.

stayhigh

lol

d'oh…

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

I thought exactly the same. My mind is warped too.

Jamie
    Free Member
    glenh
    Free Member

Just don't squeeze the lever while you are filling it up.

iain1775
    Free Member

look on sram site for instructions on bleeding Avid's
    Same process and I found them far easier to follow and better written than the formula instructions

– be careful when removing grub screw from bleed port on caliper – there is a tiny o ring that will prob get washed out with leaky fluid – it is a pig to replace if lost

– bleed screw on lever is also in a pig of a place, easier to remove lever from bars to get lever orientated vertically

other than that its quite straightforward

psychle
    Free Member

be careful when replacing the grub screws on the caliper and lever… don't get them mixed up like I did… the caliper screw will slip straight into the reservoir and ye cannea get it out without complete disassembly! 😳

And with keeping the lever upright (ie vertical to the ground) when bleeding, I find it easiest to just lie the bike on it's side 8)

PS: I too read the OP as bellending his brakes… thought it a bit odd 😉

stayhigh

Excellent stuff thanks for the advice chaps and glad I could raise a smile lol

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tips for belleding Formula Oro K24's’ is closed to new replies.