Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tips and tricks for a 33 year old with a BMX…
  • alpin
    Free Member

My mum, bless her, bought me a BMX for Christmas…. Not quite what I was expecting, but rather cool nonetheless.

Want to learn some basic flatland and street tricks without breaking any bones.

With my MTB I can wheelie, manual, do nice long rolling stoppies, ride backwards out of an endo and almost 180 bunny hops.

After a few sessions with the BMX I can:

-Manual a few metres
    -180 hop, but have only managed once to keep my momentum going so that I can roll out/J-turn
    -Foot jam stoppies/endo, but again, have trouble keeping things fluid so that I can roll out

So, any one able to give me some pointers… Easy tricks I can master?

My shin is bleeding.

molgrips
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrM4KVNwB94[/video]

sharkattack

All the Sean Burns stuff is quite basic. Just go fast and pull up…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymCiIOTlgpE[/video]

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zzjabzz
    Free Member

Get some pegs and try grinding a few low rails…

findo_gask
    Free Member

Get a haircut; get a job; get off my lawn etc. etc. 😉

nwmlarge
    Free Member

Get to Corby Adrenaline Alley and enjoy.

qwerty
    Free Member

Perfect your pump, it’s all about pumping, get yourself down to your nearest indoor park.

andysredmini
    Free Member

Find a bmx park with a foam pit. you can have so much fun messing around trying 360’s, backflips etc. You can and will still get hurt but its much nicer hitting foam than the floor.
    Next find a park with a resi ramp and try and transfer what you learnt in the foam pit onto the ramp.

donks
    Free Member

A couple of years back (at 40) I had a strange desire to ride bmx. After about a year I could do a few tricks well and basically nothing else. Manuals were the best because you don’t get hurt (unless riding brake less) then hop manuals as they add massive coolness and are very satisfying. Defiantly spend the time to learn the 180 and roll out. Just be sure to get the height (American style they call it?) then practice 360 tyre taps and work up to 360,s (this is where I started getting hurt). If you manage to master any or all of these then the foot jam tail whip is a really nice trick (only ever got it clean once).
    As for tips…. It’s our old friend practice really? All the YouTube vids in the world won’t get you riding better. The bike set up does make a huge deal though. I rode my lads 20.5″ bike for a while then eventually got a 21″ bike and different bars and it was the turning point for me….. I’m still crap though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tips and tricks for a 33 year old with a BMX…’ is closed to new replies.