Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Tipping the binmen
  • martinhutch

Our 3yr old always run excitedly to the window when he sees them coming

Oh if only us adults had the same levels of excitement and fun as a 3yr old

That’s unfair – I often run excitedly to the door when I see them coming. Mainly because I’ve forgotten to put the bin out.

hora
    Free Member

I find that mad when people tip the barman. I mean he half-changes you, skims off the till and gives his girlfriend/mates free drinks already

seosamh77
    Free Member

hora – Member
    I find that mad when people tip the barman

If it’s a pub you’re likely to visit a few times, or even yer local, it’s good practice to buy the staff a pint every now and then.

Gets you served first when it’s busy. Quite a sensible strategy. Randomly tipping bar people without this strategy in mind is nuts though.

hora
    Free Member

Its bad enough when they say ‘thats £3.80 for that ale sir’.

On Friday night I paid £35 for a round of 4 drinks. I had to sit down. If I had to tip on that I’d have started sobbing.

unovolo
    Free Member

Since they drove over the lawn at the side of my house including several large rocks laid there specifically to stop vehicles driving over the grass and churning it up into a mudpit they can f*****G whistle.

yoshimi

Always remember my grandad telling me…

Binman – <knocks at door> “Compliments of the season, I’m the man that empties your bins”

Grandad “And I’m the man that fills them” <shuts door>

Tipping binmen, no chance!

seosamh77
    Free Member

On Friday night I paid £35 for a round of 4 drinks.

Stop drinking noncey shitholes would be my only advice there! 😀

montarius
    Free Member

I live in a flat which has a communal bin area.

After catching one of them having a piss in the bin area, I most definitely wont be tipping (not that I was going to or ever have before, do people actually do this??)

MrSmith
    Free Member

They throw the bags into big piles in the street so they split open then a couple of hours later a street cleaner comes along to clear the mess up except most of the rubbish has blown into people’s front gardens and under cars.
    They are too lazy to walk closer to the pile of bags so none of them split open.
    They can swivel AFAIC.

chakaping
    Free Member

Since they drove over the lawn at the side of my house including several large rocks laid there specifically to stop vehicles driving over the grass and churning it up into a mudpit

Bet you didn’t tip the Xmas before that?

😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

Does anyone on here receive a tip in their line of work? No **** tips me. I do however hope to get a Christmas bonus…

iolo
    Free Member

I was in Zurich Aiport. I had dim sum and a small beer. It came to 35 swiss francs. That’s nearly 24 pounds. She brought the bill and had added 5 swiss francs automatically without my say so. I told her to take it off and that I wasn’t paying it. She gave me a look of death and muttered something under her breath.

surfer
    Free Member

They tend to be grumpy unhelpful jobsworth types IME so no tipping.

Postie always makes sure I get my parcels/bike bits etc and always friendly so I buy him a “pint” at Christmas.

Fantombiker

I think there are two sorts of tips. The first is social convention, taxi’s, waiters etc. The second is a bribe or ransom where you pay the service provider to do a better job just for you or not do something. So, my mum has to pay a tip to the binmen so they don’t purposely drop rubbish on her garden (ransom), I pay the Postman, cos he’s a nice chap and will walk round the back of the house and leave all my bike bit parcels hidden (bribe).

ransos
    Free Member

I must admit I haven’t tipped the binmen in the past. However, they always return a cheery wave to my young daughter, and stop the lorry so I can get past on my bike. No doubt that also upsets the motorists stuck behind, so time to return some karma in the form of beer I reckon.

twoniner
    Free Member

Never tip the binmen but do tip the postie.

He’s a cracking fella and know’s I get a few parcels delivered so stashes them in an out of sight place. Always have a good chat and a laugh with him.

I have in the past dropped off a selection of beers at my LBS, I think I forgot last year but will this year.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Tipping the binmen’ is closed to new replies.