Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tip for those working in large organisations
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Update your profile pictures on the intranet every few years, as when you turn up and are 20 years older than people are expecting, it’s a little bit weird.

footflaps

You’ve been at the same place 20 years?

Impressive in this modern day…

molgrips
    Free Member

No, they have though, it’s their profile pictures I am talking about. Everyone in this particular corner has gone grey and/or lost hair since their pictures were taken.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bikebouy
    Free Member

footflaps – Member
    You’ve been at the same place 20 years?

Impressive in this modern day…

Agreed, and also, some people just look weird (or wired) no matter how old the photo.

bruneep

been in same place 24yrs 6months only 4yrs 6 months to go.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve grown a beard and grown my hair since mine was taken, and had it cut again, causes no end of confusion!

Unfortunately it’s also a daily reminder that I’m really not ageing well, I’m usually mistaken for being at least 5 years older, with the beard 10-15! The kid in the photo was only 7 years ago!

footflaps

Not that I can talk I’ve only worked in 4 companies.

1st company 7 years
    2nd company 18 months
    3rd company 7 years (breakaway from 2nd company, so same people)
    4th company 5 months disastrous change
    3rd company another 8 years so far…..

Worked with the same team (roughly) since 1998…

MrNice
    Free Member

I’ve been using a photo that I thought I still looked like me. then someone pointed out that in the photo I’m not wearing glasses, don’t have a beard and hadn’t cut my hair with a grade 1. Time for a new picture…

razorrazoo

At least they have a profile pic Molgrips 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Touche…

doris5000

been here 14 months and haven’t got round to setting up a profile pic yet. am going to continue to swerve it as long as i can…

njee20
    Free Member

FTSE 100 company I’ve just left has plenty of folk >40 years service!

P-Jay
    Free Member

I used a Wii style cartoon version. There’s only 6 of us, if they start to forget what I look like I’m going to stop coming in till they stop paying me.

andy4d

Joined my lot in 1989, too scared to leave now, too good at what I do now so got it easy, only need to work at 75% to do it. Been offered more money else where but cant do it, I have been brain washed over the years. Yep my pic would be a bit different, spotty teen to baldy 40+

footflaps

Joined my lot in 1989, too scared to leave now, too good at what I do now so got it easy, only need to work at 75% to do it.

Are you me?

allthepies
    Free Member

Busted 😉

LHS
    Free Member

More apt as well if during the last time they updated their profile picture they had changed gender. Does save confusion.

footflaps

More apt as well if during the last time they updated their profile picture they had changed gender. Does save confusion.

🙂

joshvegas
    Free Member

Mine is a light grey siluoette and its staying that way.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tip for those working in large organisations’ is closed to new replies.