Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tip For CRC Shoppers: Stock Level Check
  • nuke

You may know this, you may not (I didn’t…only found it out tonight) but I think you can find the stock level of items (Handy if you’re holding out on buying an item).

To do this add an item to your basket then, in the Shopping Cart view, change the quantity to some silly high number, say 1000, and click the Update Quantity button, it will then say you can’t have that many but will set it to the maximum you can have ie the current stock level.

Played around on a few items…seems to work.

scaredypants

Good tip !
    what’s it say for those 5 packs of innertubes ? 😆

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Great tip. Thanks!

nuke

Bah, it does seem to work: forks I wanted showing only 1 available, just went out-of-stock…too slow 🙄

bennyboy1
    Free Member

Oooo – CRC currently has 2402 SRAM PC991 9 speed chains available in stock, that’s alot of chains! 😉

In all seriousness though this is a great tip.

wwaswas

I bet their competitors are all coding to do robot stock checking 😉

nuke

Whilst having a few test runs, the one that got me was a Fox RP23 Adaptive Logic rear shock…453 of them all in size 200mm x 51mm!!! 😯

Conan257
    Free Member

Wiggle usually states roughly how many they have in stock at the moment, such as 10+…

Except, their PriceDrop section doesn’t have that, they don’t tell you how many are left because everyone would wait for items to be REALLY cheap before buying…

Does this work on Wiggle’s site too? Might give a little guidance as to how long you can leave the pricedrop items…

nuke

Does this work on Wiggle’s site too?

Yep, but it looks like the max quantity you can put in before the update button doesn’t work is 999.

Also works with Merlin but Merlin doesn’t tell you the max number so it’s trial and error updating the quantity before you find the figure

franksinatra

Wow! 1201 sets of Shimano SPD cleats in stock!

IHN

If, say, a friend:

– ordered some shoes from CRC
    – checked his order the following day and it was showing as ‘Processing’
    – checked the stock level of the shoes and they were out of stock (they were in stock when he ordered them)
    – recieved the shoes the next day
    – checked his order again and it was still showing as ‘Processing’ and not ‘Dispatched’, despite the shoes having been delivered.

could he assume that another pair of shoes will appear when they have them back in stock, which he could return for a refund and end up with a free pair of shoes?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

Chaps. As much as this all sounds lovely, lets not forget that they’re probably linked into distributor EDI systems too.

So whilst they may not physically have it in stock, they’re able to get it from the distributor.

Hence, why they’ve probably been saying they hold 2500 SRAM chains or 1200 cleats, which I think is VERY unlikely knowing how wholesale stcok forecasting works and the absolute need to keep stock as low as possible at any time (bar fast moving lines), using mentally complicated forecasting…

Big-Bud
    Free Member

for a company of crc size 2500 of sram chains that they are selling for £15.99 each retail & which probable cost them less than £3 or £4 plus vat is nothing .

crc stock isnt linked to edi or any other supply network.
    they have massive buying power & a great team of buyers.

sometimes they will get an offer on things but have to buy a silly amount -its a risk worth taking hence there rear fox shocks.

they also get quite a few healty rebates from suppliers especially fox if they hit a sales traget in a year .

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tip For CRC Shoppers: Stock Level Check’ is closed to new replies.