• This topic has 16 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by nickc.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • tiny saddle bag for the mtb
  • jamesg55
    Free Member

so for races and local rides ive been bang on trend going packless.

water = water bottle and bottle cage
    multitool = swat multitool on the back of the bottle cage
    mini pump = Bottle cage mounted
    tire levers = wrapped up in the inner tube
    inner tube = taped to the frame

this set up is okay at the races but you look a little bit of a bell end with an inner tube taped to your frame at your local ride.

so I’ve been looking at two option of a lumber bag/fanny pack/bum bag Or a saddle bag. there are a few bum bags that could work. but struggling to find any saddle bags that could work.
    so saddle bag requirements are
    – tiny size
    – fit okay with a dropper post
    – not look shit
    – not rattle around

any suggestions.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Syncros Bidon frame bag bolted to a secondary bottle cage mount

stumpy01

Vaude Race Light bags are small.
    I had the medium & it only just fitted a road tube, 2 tyre levers & a multi tool. They do a small, which is erm, even smaller.

Not sure how well it would sit with a dropper as it’s got Velcro attachment bits.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

The Wee Cog ones look kind of cool too me, but might look shite to others.

Slider – for dropper posts

Gotama
    Free Member
    globalti
    Free Member

Scott do some nifty little ones for roadies, which hang from the seat rails on a W clip.

nedrapier

spesh micro seatpack

https://www.evanscycles.com/specialized-micro-wedgie-seat-bag-EV222432

Takes an inner tube (depending on the tube) Just enough space around the tube (depending on the tube) to cram in a small multi tool, chain tool spoke key and house keys, depending on your house keys.

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Another vote for the ortlieb micro here. Waterproof too, which is very useful imo.

bails

I’ve got that Specialized one above. Takes a 29er tube, co2, tyre levers, quicklink and multitool.

Sanny
    Free Member

The Ortlieb isn’t great. I have several and they all develop slop to the point of ejecting on bumpy trails. I lost one for a couple of weeks until some kind soul found it and handed it to my local bike shop. It really needs to be used with a toe strap.

Rorschach
    Free Member
    Burts
    Free Member

DHB Micro saddle bag. Works fine on my trail bike with a Reverb and also on my road bike. Big enough for tube, levers, small tool, etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Small and cheap and doesn’t attach to the seatpost, so shouldn’t rub.

http://www.zefal.com/en/rear-bags/308-z-light-pack-xs.html

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve got a spare Altura Arc saddle pack (I had a post in the classifieds about it). You could have it for 15 quid posted.

therevokid
    Free Member

+1 the weecog ones. got them on road and mtb now 🙂

nickc

but you look a little bit of a bell end with an inner tube taped to your frame at your local ride.

surely goes in the pocket of your jersey?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘tiny saddle bag for the mtb’ is closed to new replies.