Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tiny Cut in ust tyre (2mm)
  • chrisdiesel
    Free Member

As per title, cut tyre on rocks at whinlatter yesterday, stans had gone off so cleaned and re filled when I got home but still leaking this morning, is it scrap or will patching work ? I don’t want to run tubes due to running 30psi at the rear and got a pinch flat after about 20mins . As you can guess yesterday was more of a walk than a ride .

Onzadog
    Free Member

A sticky worm will probably fix that. Failing that, a car tyre repair plug for bigger cuts. Is it in the tread or the sidewall? Tread cuts will normally repair easier than sidewall damage.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

You could try one of those tubeless patch kits you can get. It’s a plug that goes through the tyre- similar to how it’s done on car tyres. Clarkes and others make them I think, probably crc stock them?

jota180
    Free Member

Just give it a clean out and stick a patch on the inside, it’ll be fine

Klunk
    Free Member

2mm just a normal tube repair patch inside should suffice. Unlike the the half inch slate slash I got in mine yesterday 🙁 2 months light use and useless for tubeless, it can be a tiresome old business ust.

chrisdiesel
    Free Member

Cheers guys , the cuts tiny and in the centre of the tread so I’ll buy a decent puncture repair kit and have a go at it .

devs
    Free Member

Anchovy will fix that but I also suspect that if you have enough sealant in and aren’t skimping, it’ll just fix itself anyway. I’ve heard a wee dod of superglue works too but never used it on tyres myself.

Kryton57

Cut out a small patch of inner tube and stick it inside the tyre with some contact adhesive.

jam-bo

At a glance that title reads very wrong…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tiny Cut in ust tyre (2mm)’ is closed to new replies.