Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tinted rear windows – classy, or drug dealing uzi hustler?
  • DrP

I'm bored and too tired to revise. Baby's asleep. Wife's asleep. I should be asleep. Instead I'm wondering whether getting the rear windows of our Octavia (pah – year right!) tinted would protect my precious baby from the killer sun and make me look like a pimp daddy, or would I look like a sex-pest taxi driver….? The car's NOT yellow BTW…..

TBH – regardless on the answer, it probably won't happen!

DrP

Jamie
    Free Member

Stop procrastinating!

ourmaninthenorth

TBH – regardless on the answer, it probably won't happen!

Good.

Next question..!

DrP

"quiet in this part of the lake isn't it…time to change bait…"

DrP 😉

scaredypants

classy, or drug dealing uzi hustler?

are they mutually exclusive, then ? 😥

pistonbroke
    Free Member

My new VW Touran came with them as standard, I've never looked back 8)

IdleJon

Is that because you can't see out of the window?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Exactly, sorry forgot to put the irony icon in the comment.

IdleJon

Sorry pistonbroke. couldn't resist.

Now where's the 'invisible trombone, wah-wah-wah' icon?

simon_g

Fine as long as there's no difference (or just a small one) between the front and rear windows. Otherwise it just looks cack.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Joking apart, it is quite difficult to park in poor light and the 300 distance sensors which each make a different bleeping noise when you come within 500yds of the kerb or another car make life difficult. I far rather trust my judgement than a cacophony of noise which sounds like the check outs at Morrisons are about to self destruct.

nickc

make sure you go for the "oh so classy" done-it-myself-with-added-air-bubble effect..

gonefishin
    Free Member

tinted would protect my precious baby from the killer sun

Standard glass blocks all the UV from sunlight so the only thing that you'll be protecting them from is a light that's "a bit bright". There are other, cheaper solutions to this problem so I wouldn't bother if I were you.

midlifecrashes

If your child really so ugly you must hide it?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I@m going to, when I get the time. But we've done this before, I think the result was a resounding 50:50 split with some thinking it makes the car more theivable, others thinking it makes it less theivable, some loving the look, some hating it. If you're asking about security etc then sure, but don't ask about how it looks, that just suggests you're wanting to modify your car for the sake of others. If you like it dark, get tints, if you like it without, dont. Simple. No need for getting the approval of others.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

Coffeeking is dead right,but tinted-windows serve only one purpose;to warn the rest of us,that there's prick behind the wheel.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I reckon you should go against the flow and tint the FRONT windows…..!

0091paddy
    Free Member

Get some 'user controlled privacy class'

Glass goes from clear to frosted in an instant.

DrP

well, I went for the painted option instead. 2 coats of Dulux finest 'Black hole' smothered over every window, inside and out.
    Kool or wot…

DrP

coffeeking
    Free Member

Coffeeking is dead right,but tinted-windows serve only one purpose;to warn the rest of us,that there's prick behind the wheel.

I'd take exception to that, but I really don't care about your stereotyping if I'm honest 🙂

Get some 'user controlled privacy class'

Glass goes from clear to frosted in an instant

Happens without electronic control if you're sweaty enough 🙂

well, I went for the painted option instead. 2 coats of Dulux finest 'Black hole' smothered over every window, inside and out.
    Kool or wot…

🙂 Van vision 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tinted rear windows – classy, or drug dealing uzi hustler?’ is closed to new replies.