Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Tingling hand :( how best to deal with it?
  • mattsccm
    Free Member

Been there
    Start with elbows then shoulders.

jameso

Had it before yes, probably wasn’t related to the bike just the time on it as I’ve had same problem from time on 2 quite different bikes, looking back I think there were different causes that started it initially but the stretches seemed to limit it then it all recovered. Can take a long time to recover though so worth getting it sorted before a big ride.

Superficial
    Free Member

That’s a pretty odd hand position IMHO. Can you reach the brakes from there? It’s neither on the hoods or on the flats – it’s sort of in between. I would try a different position to see if that helps I.E. hands actually on the hoods of the shifters.

P.S. your road bike needs a clean.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

That’s a pretty odd hand position IMHO. Can you reach the brakes from there? It’s neither on the hoods or on the flats – it’s sort of in between

+1. Looks like your weight is being borne by your wrist (where your median nerve runs) into the top part of the bar, rather than by your hands into the bar or hoods.

flanagaj
    Free Member

That’s a pretty odd hand position IMHO. Can you reach the brakes from there? It’s neither on the hoods or on the flats – it’s sort of in between. I would try a different position to see if that helps I.E. hands actually on the hoods of the shifters.

Yes, the position does seem incorrect. Going to get a bike fit as I find being on the hoods too stretched out.

P.S. your road bike needs a clean.

Haha. That is clean! You should have seen it before Saturday.

Skankin_giant
    Free Member

Going to get a bike fit

Best way forward IMHO

Cheers, Steve

flanagaj
    Free Member

Yep. Booked in for Friday.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Tingling hand :( how best to deal with it?’ is closed to new replies.