Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Tingling and numbness in my left arm – Heart Attach, Blood Clot or Cancer?
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

When using the Crossfit machine in the gym my left arm has started going numb and tingling. When I went swimming immediately afterwards the same thing happened.

Any ideas why or how to stop it happening?

Plus of course – will I die?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Stop using the machine.

thanks, the bill is in the post.

midlifecrashes

Go back and have another go, but face the other way, this will fix it.

leffeboy

I’ve got something similar on my right arm. If you ever find out what it is tell me and I’ll do the opposite

Edit: On a more serious note mine is most likely from bashing some rocks hard while snowboarding many years ago. I find stretching usually sorts it when it recurs but it can take several weeks.
    Your problem may be different etc.

samuri
    Free Member

Nerve damage/trapped nerve would be my immediate guess.

Or aliens have implanted a tracking doofer in your arm while they carried out an anal probe. Have you woken up with your underpants on back to front recently?

leftyboy
    Free Member

My numbness and tingling in my left hand is due to the two distorted discs in my neck pushing on the nerve bundle in my neck so maybe something similar?

chewkw
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Nerve damage/trapped nerve would be my immediate guess.

This ^^^

Or

Injured your lower back before? My left leg tends to do that because of my lower back injury. In fact my left leg is tingling most of the time.

Have you tried the “heart attack” check?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Of course, it’s not like you’ve been doing lots of manual labour recently, such as laying paving slabs, building walls, etc. is it?

wwaswas

Heart Attach

I’d be more worried about a Heart Detach.

Esme
    Free Member

Well, I don’t want to alarm you, but those are the exact symptoms my mate complained of, a couple of years back. We curtailed the ride, and went to Casualty. She was having a heart attack.

So, whilst the chances are it’s nothing serious in your case, it’s definitely worth getting checked out.

chewkw
    Free Member

Doing a lot of strenuous exercise can sometime have the opposite effect IMO as they body/heart can only take so much.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Machine measured pulse rate while exercising and that stayed steady at about 116bpm. I guess it might be related to the patio / rendering / digging over the weekend.

Busy morning of work and I had kind of forgotten about that

LoCo
    Free Member

Get a check up, for peace of mind if nothing else.

binners

Get someone to lop it off with an axe! You of all people must have an axe, if there’s no-one local I’ll be prepared to come down and do it for a reasonable fee

allthepies
    Free Member

teh bad cat aids.

fasthaggis

OP

You may have early signs of ME ,quite common on STW. 😛

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

You may have early signs of ME ,quite common on STW.

What other signs of YOU are there?

maccyb
    Free Member

Could be an aortic dissection reducing the blood flow in the brachial artery. Aortic dissections tend to kill most people within a very short time period though so it’s probably not that. Still, my dad had one and soldiered on for another year, but he was an extreme statistical outlier…

Anyway, probably not that. Probably.

toby1

Or a nerve in your hand pressed as you are clasping the handle on the cross trainer – possibly agitated by a weekend of DIY.

A “crossfit” machine would simply post things to facebook about how hard you worked out and not actually require you to do anything 😉

Drac

Off to your GP you go.

brakes
    Free Member

cat aids.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just go in. We don’t want you to die.

hegdehog
    Free Member

My numbness and tingling in my left hand is due to the two distorted discs in my neck pushing on the nerve bundle in my neck so maybe something similar?

Possibly this^
    Dependent where the numbness/pins & needles is normally indicates what disc(s). A good physio should be able to investigate & explain.

I’d definitely be getting it looked at though, i’d say first stop should be your GP..

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Poor posture, lying on your side/shoulder, poor scapular contraction, no chance it’s something serious.

xcracer1
    Free Member

I had that when i had high anxiety. Difficult to believe at the time.

Get it checked by a Dr.

GrahamS

Well, I don’t want to alarm you…

That seems wise given his obviously dodgy ticker!

You may have early signs of ME ,quite common on STW.

Are you sure you’re not thinking of “Mleh”?

Oh and yeah OP, please go and get it checked out. Don’t do what my mum did:ignored her second heart attack, went shopping, realised it might be a heart attack after all so went home for a shower before calling the medics. “You can’t get a decent shower in hospital” apparently 😯 )

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

A couple of Tramadol and a soak in the hot tub has made things feel better. If I am not dead in the morning but it still feels weird I will check with the quacks.

Night all!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Some say if you sit on your hand until it’s numb, it doesn’t feel like your own 😉

Drac

Get it checked anyway.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Tramadol – Tick
    Hot Tub – Tick
    Duval – Tick

Numbness and tingling gone – Tick
    Pain free exercise session today – Tick

Everything seems Tick-ety Boo

avdave2

So, whilst the chances are it’s nothing serious in your case,

Err have you never read any of his other posts, he doesn’t do minor injuries!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

he doesn’t do minor injuries!

Oh yes I do, just too many to post up here 🙂

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Tingling and numbness in my left arm – Heart Attach, Blood Clot or Cancer?’ is closed to new replies.