Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 398 total)
  • Tinder, my thoughts…
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Do keep the thread going lads, it’s really fun reading your progress.

😉

markgraylish
    Free Member

Just a casual observer here (I have a good female friend who is trying various dating apps) but has anyone tried Bumble?
    Seems as though the female makes the first move which, in theory, means they are interested in the guy so should save you boys an awful lot of hassle and false starts!

Anyway, carry on! Threads like this are like car-crash TV 😉

(And good luck to all)

wiggles
    Free Member

I tried bumble for a bit… Got maybe 5 matches and not one of them ever said a word to me!

Also on the whole having loads of guys chatting to them thing key there is to get their number to text/WhatsApp or whatever to keep them having to go on tinder to talk to you 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jambourgie
    Free Member

Bumble’s great. It’s the lazy gent’s meal ticket.

Poopscoop

Bumble…. Hmmm…

Not heard of that one.

Might have a look. Can’t do any harm to ignore more (if lucky) women until my body size fits my profile pics again. 😀

Poopscoop

Well, checked out Bumble. Not too bad actually.

Only issue is you have to link it to a FB account…

Not a lover of FB and only use it for a club and have a made up name on it. By which I mean not even a name, just a comment! Lol

Not sure of if can be bothered to set up a “real” FB page just for Bumble.

Anyway….

Good luck for tomorrow wiggles, hopefully we don’t hear from you till the day after !;-)

Cougar

I mentioned Bumble to a female friend just now.  This is what she said:

Ugh. Bumble. Don’t get me started.

you both swipe still.

But basically it allows men to do the rejecting.

Women have 24 hours to contact a man after matching. Then that man has 24 hours to respond.

Response rate for me was barely 1% it felt like

I guess people just right swipe everyone these days and then filter at the end. That’s not how I roll. 

It pissed me off. So I quit.

Poopscoop

<em style=”margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 16.928px; vertical-align: baseline; background: #eeeeee; color: #444444;”>”But basically it allows men to do the rejecting.”

Ok, you’ve convinced me, I’m in!

wiggles
    Free Member

Thanks but I only have a short window of time to meet her so no shenanigans this time at least

Poopscoop

Oh, cougar your friend…

She live in SE and like fat guys that will definitely lose the weight to look like their profile pics? One day?

Tell her it’s more of an investment scenario.

Poopscoop

<span style=”color: #444444; background-color: #eeeeee;”>”Thanks but I only have a short window of time to meet her so no shenanigans this time at least”</span>

Come on, you’re in your 20’s !

I use to be called Minute Man back then. 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

I know this isnt in the spirit of the thread but I think this girl has potential to be more than a 1 shag wonder

Poopscoop

Joking aside, it is ultimately about finding just such a person mate.

I think the joking is just a way of getting through the inevitable hiccups of dating. Online or otherwise.

I’m not she I’ll ever get over someone that called it a day with me around 15 years ago.

So I suppose you either have to laugh or cry. And I’ve done the later so… 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah if it goes terribly then I`ll be back to make plenty of inappropriate jokes again  😉

I even told her about some things about me that I usually reserve for after ive had at least some fun first that scare them off very effectively and it doesn’t seem to have worked thus far so we shall see

wiggles
    Free Member

Oh and also I noticed tinder has a search function within your matches… I could be on there 10 years and not have enough to need that to find someone in my matches 😆

Poopscoop

I’m all for mentioning most of my negatives almost straight off. 😀

Bluntly, is a litmus test really.

If they day “bye” then it saves us both time to find the right person. If such a person exists for me. 😉

Heck, once had words to the effect of “how can you see the beauty in life if you haven’t seen the darkness in it too” then went on to touch upon the depression I’ve suffered from.

Surprising how many weren’t put of off such blunt truth actually!

Poopscoop

Regarding search function,ditto !

In fact my current litmus test is to see how long I can ignore them for before they remove me as a match.

There are a couple of tenacious ones left! 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah, that kind of my way of looking at it to (although tbh I have just not mentioned it for a while to some when I didnt think it was going anywhere so thought id at least get something out of it first 😆 )

Some will just not bother because they want someone “perfect” or just dont want to talk about anything serious the better ones will usually respond with opening up a bit about their past/themselves and they are the ones you know that are actually interested in connecting with someone (other than just via the boy/girl parts)

wiggles
    Free Member

I have one match that I got the first day I joined tinder nearly a year ago but I know my mate used to shag her so I never said anything to her but she is still on there haha

wiggles
    Free Member

Was telling my mate I’m going on a date and made an incredible typo

“First dates are more just about finding out if they see me and just rub away”

Obviously I meant run…

Poopscoop

Hmmm… I am beginning to doubt your intentions! 😀

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I looked my friends Tinder app, Jesus it’s full of ugly losers in the city where he lives.

Seriously?! Ugh.

Maybe there is a filter…

wiggles
    Free Member

Well date seemed to go ok, had coffee and sat chatting for ages until we were asked if we want anything else which is cafe code for “if not get out” so went outside and sat in my car for a bit (as it was cold) talked for a bit longer didn’t want to push my luck too much so just gave her a hug this time.

I’ll find out if it actually went well if/when she talks to me lol

wiggles
    Free Member

I’d say the answer is a definite yes…

jambourgie
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12px; background-color: #eeeeee;”>didn’t want to push my luck too much so just gave her a hug this time</span>

jambourgie
    Free Member

Just pulling your leg Wiggles. Well done!

I’m matching them ok, but getting them out on a date is proving tricky… what’s your secret?

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m far from successful 😂

Probably one date in every 10 girls I talk to, I think the key is just ask them out after a day or two don’t leave it too long so they know you are interested in more than messages.

wiggles
    Free Member

Oh god oh god PANIC!

Since my date we’ve been flirting back and forth via text and she mentioned she is on the way back from her friends house (which means going past my house…) So I semi jokingly said she she stop by

And she said yes so she is on the way here 😲

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Happy days wiggles lad!

Poopscoop

I knew it, you stud! 😀

Close this page on your pc/ mobile just in case. Lol

myti
    Free Member

😮 😮

aracer
    Free Member

Close this page on your pc/ mobile just in case. Lol

No!!! we want live streaming

I imagine wiggles is busy changing the sheets and doing the washing up though…

Poopscoop

^^ Perv.

Me too.

CountZero

Never considered Tinder at all, really couldn’t be arsed with having to filter out the less than desirable.
    Got together with my g/f through Fb, after her photo popped up on ‘Someone you may know’.
    As it happens, I did, but I last saw her 21 years ago, eight months pregnant with her first daughter, (not mine, she was a friend I knew through drinking at her parents pub), and had lost contact.
    She’s now living with me, something I never thought would happen at 63 years of age!
    She’s 52, with two daughters, neither of which live with us.
    Nearly four months on, and haven’t bothered with Fb since, a win/win, it seems.

wiggles
    Free Member

<span style=”color: #444444; font-size: 12.8px;”>I imagine wiggles is busy changing the sheets and doing the washing up though…

</span>

Did I accidentally set up the live stream without realising? This is shockingly accurate 😂

Now off to change the sheets again 😉

Cougar

at 63 years of age!

She’s 52

Cradle-snatcher.

zokes
    Free Member

“Now off to change the sheets again 😉”

You mean sock?

Poopscoop

Yeah, yeah, Mr “play it cool. Take my time”…. 😉

Then BAM! Off like a ballistic missile vectoring in on target. Lol 😀

Seriously though, you can’t EVER tell her you are a member on here if this leads somewhere. 😉

I forecast a LOAD of new tinder accounts being opened on STW tomorrow. Ha ha ! 😀

Poopscoop

Giggedy!

jonnyboi

Well done wiggles, You could have proved that tinder was more than just a hook up site, and you’ve completely ruined it with your horizontal bedroom olympics.

I hope you’re satisfied with yourself

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘Tinder, my thoughts…’ is closed to new replies.