Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 398 total)
  • Tinder, my thoughts…
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

If a small number of men are a lot ‘better’ than the majority, this would be perfectly reasonable.

I believe attractiveness follows a normal distribution.

forzafkawi
    Free Member

I believe attractiveness follows a normal distribution.

But maybe those posting on Tinder doesn’t!!

aracer
    Free Member

Having been contemplating the whole online dating thing, I had wondered about a pic riding a unicyle, I’m not sure if the same theory follows (clearly it’s not something loads of men do). The reaction from women when I’m riding is almost universally positive, but that clearly doesn’t mean they’d want to date me!

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Perhaps, but then one would assume that works both ways. Unless lots of ugly women are dating pretty men.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Having been contemplating the whole online dating thing, I had wondered about a pic riding a unicyle, I’m not sure if the same theory follows (clearly it’s not something loads of men do). The reaction from women when I’m riding is almost universally positive, but that clearly doesn’t mean they’d want to date me!

Go for it!

I think she means the whole ‘cycling gaz’ commuter look. Women probably interpret that as ‘can’t afford a car’…

aracer
    Free Member

Well I can’t even afford a second wheel 😉

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

Arrgh, g’dammit. C’mon, c’mon. Another 43mins 52 seconds before I can start swiping right again.

wiggles
    Free Member

Found a website last night called photofeeler you upload a picture specify if it is dating and select an age range of women to show it to and they rate you on a scale of a few things but can also leave suggestions…. Seems quite interesting.

Unsurprisingly I am pretty low on the attractiveness rating but some useful suggestions, you select from a preset list so basically smile more and get a haircut is the jist of it…

philjunior
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    philjunior » just the chances aren’t much higher than going out and trying to give out/collect phone numbers.
    The big advantage surely being that you’re contacting other people who are interested in having a relationship (of some sort).

I suppose there is that. Maybe I just like the hard to get lady.

Poopscoop

wiggles – Member
    Found a website last night called photofeeler you upload a picture specify if it is dating and select an age range of women to show it to and they rate you on a scale of a few things but can also leave suggestions…. Seems quite interesting.

I’ve got to give that a go! 😀

bearnecessities

That sounds terrifying.

Cougar

Maybe I just like the hard to get lady.

I suspect most folk on Tinder were finding it hard to get lady.

wiggles
    Free Member

The idea of the preset suggestions is they can say things like “prefer a different haircut” or “prefer if you smiled more” rather than just “your a miserable **** with shit hair”

Poopscoop

Just signed up to photofeeler.

Will report back once I upload pics tonight/tomorrow. 🙂

wiggles
    Free Member

Seems like a bit of a laugh, got bored talking to someone from a few days ago… Answers questions and seems nice but just doesn’t make any effort to keep the conversation going

Poopscoop

Oh, don’t do Boosts etc whilst soaps are on. 😉

tdog
    Free Member

Have we done POF site yet!?

Not sure really what to say about Tinder as never used it, even if I am young, I want something meaningful like Jambourgie mentioned after a fun loving first meet.
    This approach seems to send the opposite sex in the other direction. Even though it’s not a dealbreaker, it sure is nice if not smart move in some cases.

Tbh I’m easy go with the flow kinda man but blimey they’re a loada dreamers or time wasters on these dating sites.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Have we done POF site yet!?

Plenty of Freaks? Thar be demons!

Poopscoop

Yeah, been on that site.

There is no “good” dating sites.**

That’s what makes me laugh about Elite Singles.

Trying to make it sound like they can guarantee you BMW owning peeps that won’t mess you around as they are too busy traveling the world and haven’t got time for sordid affairs.lol

All sites/apps have the same inherent weakness. People.

Poopscoop

Just got a like from a nice looking lady (obviously myopic) but….

36 miles away.

Deal breaker. They got any idea of the price of petrol these days!?

Poopscoop

Another like during a Boost but:

Not into one night stands, married men or idiots so please dont message me if your one of those!!

Damnit!

Swelper
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zJH-OLnfDlM[/video]

wiggles
    Free Member

36 miles away.

I know! We don’t all drive a prius

Cougar

Plenty of Freaks? Thar be demons!

I’d sign up to that site.

Poopscoop

Another like:

I am not looking for a relationship,i am looking to have discreet fun and getting spoilt
    And everything that comes with that!

Pay dirt!

Trouble is, it’s a 41 mile round trip to get the old lad a service plus the cost of double bagging the little fella.

I’m torn. 🙁

No pun intended.

Poopscoop

wiggles – Member
    36 miles away.

I know! We don’t all drive a prius

Yeah, right, eh?

Some women!

wiggles
    Free Member

At least when I gave my mums friend a lift in my car she comented on how nice it was 😉

Would have been better if she wasn’t twice my age and known to only date rich men…

The photofeeler thing is great… if you want to find out that you look smart and trustworthy but not at all attractive 😳 Im testing out pictures of me with various haircuts to try and work out what I should go for next 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Not interested in idiots, hmm…

Poopscoop

I’m just of to uploads pics to that site now!

I shall return.

I’m no oil painting so I expect the worst. 😀

Cougar

Pay dirt!

It’s a winner for me for spelling “discreet” correctly.

aracer
    Free Member

To be fair, most people looking for discreet fun are also looking for discrete fun.

wiggles
    Free Member

Not interested in idiots, hmm…

Just respond with

“*you`re”

if that doesn’t get you laid nothing will

airtragic
    Free Member

Poopscoop – Member
    Just got a like from a nice looking lady (obviously myopic) but….

36 miles away.

Bloody hell, 15 years ago I’d drive the length and breadth of the country on a Friday night, on the sniff of an off chance of a promise!

wiggles
    Free Member

15 years ago petrol was a lot cheaper 😉

(dont look at the last page where I said I would fly to rome…)

Poopscoop

We’ll, just paid $9** on that picture site to find out vote ugly I am.

Uploaded 2 pics, one in fancy dress, the other with my biking glasses on that look like “welders goggles” I’ve been told.

They are my most flattering pics…. 😯

** You can upload for free but it can take weeks to find out how ugly you are apparently.

I need to know now damnit!

wiggles
    Free Member

If you just vote on other pictures you get “karma” points and people vote on your pictures I had 10 votes or so in 24hrs doing that.

but if you wanna be Mr big spender paying extra for people to rate you and having a premium tinder account then go for it 😉 ladies probably like it

scotroutes

You could have uploaded one to here for nowt and got abuse instantly.

Poopscoop

wiggles

but if you wanna be Mr big spender paying extra for people to rate you and having a premium tinder account then go for it ladies probably like it

Damn it wiggles. I read it takes weeks, not a day or so.

That said, perhaps I should put up on tinder that I paid BIGLY on photofeeler.

I’ll be fighting them off! 😀

wiggles
    Free Member

I feel sorry for you on how much stuff you believe of dating sites if you fell for that sales pitch 😆

I signed up for a one a while ago that was free and then you start getting “messages” but you cant read them until you pay, I was getting 10 messages a day 8)… I know what I look like i`m not stupid

jambourgie
    Free Member

You could have uploaded one to here for nowt and got abuse instantly

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘Tinder, my thoughts…’ is closed to new replies.