Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 398 total)
  • Tinder, my thoughts…
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

this gives my some insignt to how picky the women are being looking at my picture (very breifly before swiping left)

Get the odd (probably accidental) match that either goes;
    I say something, get ignored or I say something, they respond with maybe a few messages then ignore me (probably after they look at my picture more closely)

Women on dating apps rate about 80 percent of men below average.

Make of that what you will.

Houns

Stupid eyebrows and snapchat filters sadly have no age restrictions

walleater

Good to see that Tinder is no different in the UK than BC. The shoelace around the neck is a new one though.

I love the classic ‘bathroom in a skimpy bikini with the camera high in the air being pointed down to pouty face with maximimum boobage on display’ and below comments about not looking for a hook-up and slamming men for sending stupid messages….

And yes, any woman using Snapchat filters should instantly be shot.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just stop trying to date British chavs ffs, find some classy French or Italian woman instead. Spoof your phones geolocation to some nice warm country with mountain biking.

Houns

Thankfully some time ago I matched with a lovely Woman who was one of the 0.00000000001% and dating going well

amedias
    Free Member

Spoof your phones geolocation

Doesn’t that kinda all go to pot when someone replies and says “yeah lets meet up, I know a nice little place round the corner…”

wiggles
    Free Member

You wouldn’t catch a flight to rome to hook up with a hot Italian lady?

Seriously though… what do you say to start a conversation? interested in how people approach this

Houns

Just a nice, polite introduction, thank them for the swipe and ask something about them. Just be a nice, normal human being, doing so makes you stand out from the crowd.

amedias
    Free Member

You wouldn’t catch a flight to rome to hook up with a hot Italian lady?

That’d be some next level commitment there wiggles, I applaud you!

Cougar

I love the classic ‘bathroom in a skimpy bikini with the camera high in the air being pointed down to pouty face with maximimum boobage on display’

It’s also a very slimming angle. Hides double chins and multiple other sins.

Cougar

Latest one…

FYI, I’ve deleted this. It’s probably not the Done Thing to be making people personally identifiable / showing where they work. It’s unlikely I know, but if you were to find someone you know on Tinder it’s by dint of being on there yourself, whereas on here there’s a chance that someone will go “OMG, she’s on Tinder!” If you’re going to post photos it’s probably best to anonymise them.

deviant
    Free Member

My other half put me on it when I had a long train journey up north…she picked what she felt was a good pic and off I went.

It was erm, interesting…a lot of women aren’t backwards at coming forward!….the train journey went out of Wales, into the Midlands and up to Yorkshire…let’s just say that if I’d wanted to stop off in each major town and city I passed through I could’ve…the offers were there.

There were also some genuinely sweet women who were looking for relationships but it did just seem to be a hook up site…when I got home I showed the better half the pics I’d been sent and the offers of a bed for the night…haha, she wasn’t amused…anyway deleted it after that but it was a nice little ego boost and made me think I could have a lot of fun if I found myself single again!

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

aracer i see yours and raise you

Tinda Finger seriously though wtf!!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not too sure posting pics of people from the site and slamming them on here is ethical..

We kinda get the message about snapchat filters and chavs..

Best of luck BTW

wiggles
    Free Member

Sorry 🙁

Tvh I was just being lazy with the not scribbling on it and I made no judgment about the person, however on reflection if the same thing in reverse was posted on catladytrackworld.com or something I probably wouldn’t like it so fair enough won’t do it again.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Just a nice, polite introduction, thank them for the swipe and ask something about them. Just be a nice, normal human being, doing so makes you stand out from the crowd.

This is my tactic and it usually works. My favourite was an opening message that said “Do you have kids and how tall are you?” I replied politely that yes, I have a daughter and that I am 5ft 10. The silence was deafening.

rene59
    Free Member

‘Dirty Mingers’ – now that would be a dating app I’d fancy my chances in. Get to work on it techy people.

wiggles
    Free Member

Those apps do exist, I often get adverts for then whilst on “special interest” websites telling me they in fact need more men to sign up as they have too many women!

Also have a Facebook add keeps popping up for “uniform dating” with a picture of a very attractive lady in a police uniform, however many many people in the comments have pointed out she is a character in home and away 😆

maxtorque

If there isn’t a dating app called “Screwfix” there deffo should be one.

(complete with “bulk goods” section for, er, the less swelt of us… 😉

martinhutch

FYI, I’ve deleted this. It’s probably not the Done Thing to be making people personally identifiable / showing where they work

TBH, the remaining two, amusing as they are, should also go under Sod’s Law that someone on here is probably married to them! 🙂

Tom-B
    Free Member

I met my current girlfriend on Tinder, been together for 2 years this coming weekend. When I first got that app after leaving my marriage….well blimey, kid in a sweet shop! Slept with the first 4 on the first date!

ctk
    Free Member

Houns – Member

Instant swipe lefts :

Stupid ‘kin eyebrows
    Snap chat filters
    Pout
    Pout combined with looking like they’re straining a tough brown fish out
    Shoelace tied around their neck
    Standing as if they’ve had a stroke affecting the whole of one side of their body
    Picture with pet French bulldog
    No picture of them
    Group pictures/pictures with a man

I think you’ve invented a Tinder Bingo game

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Slept with the first 4 on the first date!

Presumably the other 3, grumpy,bashful and doc weren’t up for it? 🙄

wiggles
    Free Member

normal human being

damn it.

Just to explain my ineptitude somewhat, I was in a relationship from 18-26 had 2 kids etc so basically missed out on knowing how to do the whole dating thing as pre 18 it was not really required. So since last year I have been finding my feet as it were with all this with limited success (a few dates and some “dates” 😉 )

I know 99% of my failure is how I look currently but trying to sort that out and then hopefully have a bit more success but some people get past that but run a mile when finding other things out about me…

trailwagger
    Free Member

If you think Tinder is bad you should see POF!!! Having said that i met someone on there and after being together for six years we are now married with a kid.

wiggles
    Free Member

POF is full of bots/scammers. Unrealistically hot girl “likes” you they say hi, if you say anything back ( I tested by replying with nothing other than a picture of my washing machine) you get a link to a dodgy site…

doomanic

This is my tactic and it usually works. My favourite was an opening message that said “Do you have kids and how tall are you?” I replied politely that yes, I have a daughter and that I am 5ft 10. The silence was deafening.

Surely the correct answer is 6ft 1 and how much do you weigh?

dknwhy

My standard opening lines were, “Hi, I’m Dan (I suggest using your own name here).”
    Then I’d make a complimentary comment about one of their photos.
    Eg “Cute smile in that second picture” or “Love your hair colour” or “You look so happy in that skiing picture” etc. Shows you’re interested, thoughtful and makes them feel positive about themselves.
    Would then finish with a
    “Pleased to meet you 😉 x”

Play message tennis too. Never chase a response as you’ll look needy.

funkmasterp

What’s with the eyebrows being massive thing? Started to notice it myself, which means it must be pretty common as I live in a bubble most of the time. It just looks a bit mad. Part of me hoped that monobrows become fashionable, just so I can see people with the middle bit coloured in.

legometeorology
    Free Member

Genius

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I know 99% of my failure is how I look currently but trying to sort that out and then hopefully have a bit more success but some people get past that but run a mile when finding other things out about me…

* Hit the gym

* If balding, short cropped hair.

* Get to a place where you are happy with yourself and your life. Have interests, don’t make dating your priority.

Everything else will just naturally fall into place.

wiggles
    Free Member

Yeah the weight thing is being addressed, not old enough/gentically impared enough to be balding 😉

Im just “practicing” for now really. I don feel like I need to find someone etc which was my first reaction after the shock of being single again

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Yeah the weight thing is being addressed, not old enough/gentically impared enough to be balding

A lot of chubby guys seem to do pretty well with women anyway, best advice is to have an upbeat demeanour….hit the gym for sure….but kind of get over the weight issue mentally…do not ruminate on it. People are attracted to happy people. Work on that.

A slightly chubby friend of mine has pulled a drop dead gorgeous woman who is an inch taller than him, because he is a hoot to be around.

wiggles
    Free Member

Point taken, but I have a fair bit to lose even before “chubby” is applicable 😆

Poopscoop

wiggles – Member
    Point taken, but I have a fair bit to lose even before “chubby” is applicable

Ditto.

I’m not going on any dates till I’ve lost the weight anyway. Just testing the waters at the moment. Other reasons why dating is a no go at the moment anyway…

Come Spring, “I’m out there!”

Oh, forgot the of eyebrows “thing”, yeah, WTAF??

I reckon it’s a better experience with online dating being a man as there are a lot of genuine women out there. Most men just want a shag.

I want a shag too, with a genuine women. Erm, if you see what I mean?!

Cougar

Fussy bastard.

(-:

wiggles
    Free Member

Well things are going well tonight, matched with someone so went to send a message and got “sorry you have been blocked by this user” 😆 didnt even say anything yet… they looked at my profile and decided that was enough

Poopscoop

Got 5 likes after a Boost tonight.

One is to good to be true, proper hot and no doubt lives in Russia. I liked back. Obvs.

One wants a gentleman most of the time but a tiger in the bedroom. Didn’t like back.

I’m a tiger ALL of the time.

Gggrrrrr….

wiggles
    Free Member

That is a common problem

Poopscoop

wiggles – Member
    That is a common problem

Russian women or being a tiger, or both? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 398 total)

The topic ‘Tinder, my thoughts…’ is closed to new replies.