Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Tin Star, Sky Atlantic
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Pretty damn cool !

CountZero

It’s got Tim Roth in, bound to be!

fisha
    Free Member

Been devouring the box set on sky go last night and tonight. Really enjoying it.

tenfoot

Just watched episode 1. Looks promising.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😯

jimdubleyou

Have been recommended this. Will check it out this week.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Already halfway through 2. Looking good so far.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Watched the first last night. Roth was a joy to watch and a great opening episode in general. Got lots of promise, hope they haven’t over stretched it by making it a 10 parter instead of something like a 6. Ep 2 tonight if I can talk Mrs ws in to it…

Drac

I received several messages last night about from my Dad, it must be his latest TV obsession, he binged watched it praising it highly. That said he also like Mrs Brown’s Boys.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

Finished last night, *no spoilers* Tim Roth was amazing as usual and I enjoyed it immensely.

Reviews have been fair to middling, but you like what you like……and I like Tim Roth

DezB
    Free Member

Thought it was brilliant. “All episodes available to watch now!” Sod off, I’m gonna make it last!

Then started watching that thing about the acid scarred detective on BBC1 last night, how crap was that?!

Drac

Then started watching that thing about the acid scarred detective on BBC1 last night, how crap was that

The Stinging Detective?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m doing what I always do, watch them on a week by week basis.. the suspense and expectation draws me back.
    Then I’ll watch them all one after the other on some shitty rainy Sunday when the seasons finished.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Have enjoyed the first two episodes ..just got a new fangled SkyQ box at the weekend ..and ep3 is taking an eternity to download
    Grrr…gimme back sky+

Rockape63
    Free Member

ooh…okay I’ll talk the Missus into watching it. She was completely unimpressed with ep 1 of Westworld! 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Less impressed with it after 2 more episodes.

pk13

4 years in the making. Eps. 3/4 are plodders but stick with it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh ok then, I’ll give E05 a go. 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Gave up at 27 mins through episode 5. Promised much. Delivered for an episode or two.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I can’t see it’s on tonight, Thursday schedule on Atlantic ..

pk13

It’s all on catch up/box sets

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Watching an episode at a time for nowt on Showbox.

Familiar trope – outsider in position of authority comes up against local culture/customs/threat as in “High Noon”, “Jaws”, “Bad Day At Blackrock”.

Neat twist setting it in Canada, so used to seeing this stuff set in America.

Like the emerging “poacher turned gamekeeper” device.

Expect much blood.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t give the sodding plot away 🙄

😛

Now yow’ve spoyled it f’rr everione..

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Huh? I’ve only seen the first episode. You didn’t get any of that yourself? 😯

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s on now…

williamnot
    Free Member

Couldn’t get past episode 2 and the scenery chewing baddies. Shame as the first episode was so promising

grtdkad

Just downloaded to watch with the missus after reading this thread. Ta.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well i think it’s building nicely, but then I’m not binge watching it…

muggomagic

Finished watching it yesterday. Enjoyed it and Tim Roth is very good, but felt it kind of tailed off in the middle after a very promising start but it did pick up again for the last few episodes.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Watched the first two episodes last night.
    Off to a good start.

drlex
    Free Member

Watched the first and was intrigued, so torrented the next six. Amusingly, they’re all dubbed into Russian, so my curiosity will have to wait for the weekly broadcast.

Fantombiker

Very disappointing, not a patch on the recent series of Fargo.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I binged the last Fargo, I can’t remember much about that.. but I will re-watch them all from the start soon when winters kicked in.

I’m not sure they are competing, just different storylines and focus.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bump, because there is a new series in Jan..

DezB
    Free Member

Oh, that is excellent news. There’s been so many decent series on, but I’ve missed Tin Star. Had all the right levels of violence, sex and weirdness.

cinnamon_girl

First series is being repeated on terrestrial apparently, next Sunday on Channel 4.

footflaps

We managed about 3 episodes then abandoned it as being rather dull…

hedley
    Free Member

bikebouy

Bump, because there is a new series in Jan..

Brilliant news. We loved it.

Trust is very good.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The first clip shows a wild preacher and a church..

Its topical then 🤣🔥🤠💃

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well I see the forum search function is pretty shite… when searching for “Tin Star” on here it came up with “riders with tiny hands”

I can see why it got confused obvz.

So, I know there is another thread somewhere in this forum but I had to search this one from a google search 🤷‍♂️

I caved and watched the last three episodes last night. Normally I’m someone who will wait, build anticipation each week then get all sweaty.

Got to say Sky has surpassed itself. They’re coming out with some really good solid programmes and Tin Star was (Still is) exceptional.

And thrilling.

And Tim Roth is quite the best actor I’ve seen recently. In fact the whole cast have made this series unforgettable and gritty enough.

Awesome.

🤠🤟

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Tin Star, Sky Atlantic’ is closed to new replies.