Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tin Foil Hat — Wireless Router Speed Boost …. and it works :-)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Tin Foil Hat — Wireless Router Speed Boost …. and works 🙂

Watched teh Gadget Show on Monday and this was suggested. Made mine out of four panel bok and two layers of foil.

I had a crappy 40KB/sec and it jumped to 200KB/sec.

It actually works. Well it worked for me. Took the foil away and it dropped again.

🙂

Karinofnine

Wonder if it would improve my mobile signal – I will try it.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I tried it. It made no difference. Maybe it works with these single box types like LIveboxs or BT hubs, but with routers with an antenna it doesn't seem to make a difference.

redthunder
    Free Member

Works with the this netgear router 🙂

scaredypants

presumably you have to have the router in a corner (an "outside" one) so that you never have to get a signal in through the foil at the back of it??

CountZero

I've got a BT router, and my signal was virtually non-existent upstairs in my bedroom, the opposite side of the house, so I got some ally foil and taped it in a curve behind the antenna, so that it focussed the signal and immediately got a full signal on my phone upstairs. Nothing fancy, but it works a treat. There's instructions on the Internet for building router booster dishes if you google it, but a few square inches of foil just taped at the back in a curve works.

Kevevs
    Free Member

should just work like they say anyway. (kicks router)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tin Foil Hat — Wireless Router Speed Boost …. and it works :-)’ is closed to new replies.