Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • tims tarty titanium teaser
  • timdrayton
    Free Member

just an excuse to start taking pictures of it to be honest, its lovely…..

anyone know what it is?

looking at my stw is cheating btw

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

cotic Soda, at a guess

Mister-P
    Free Member

A partly built bike?

njee20
    Free Member

Tyre logo/rim decal fail.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Enigma Ego

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Baby robin?

fontmoss
    Free Member

evidence of someone who works from home?

mt
    Free Member

grey carpet, part of a chair and some metal?

TheSwede
    Free Member

well by the look of the nasty welds, its not a lynskey 😉

TheSwede
    Free Member

Mister-P
    Free Member

The red question mark is a clue.

McQ
    Free Member

What's wrong with the welds 😐

TheSwede
    Free Member

Nothing. Just a bit (cough) rough. Probably stay together.

McQ
    Free Member

😆 Swede you are evil!

druidh
    Free Member

TheSwede – Member
    well by the look of the nasty welds, its not a lynskey

TTF for that. Mibbe it won't snap.

chela
    Free Member

Yes, the red guano on the downtube gives it away.

Those welds do look slightly 'chunky' I suppose. It has quite a pleasing aesthetic sweep to the seatstays though.

Show us some more pics…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member
    walleater

Have any UK design / cheap Ti companies managed to come up with a frame that stays in one piece yet? They all make decent steel frames, yet people will pay more for 'cheap' Ti frames that have a habit of cracking?

druidh
    Free Member

walleater – Member
    Have any UK design / cheap Ti companies managed to come up with a frame that stays in one piece yet? They all make decent steel frames, yet people will pay more for 'cheap' Ti frames that have a habit of cracking?

My cheap Ti frame hasn't cracked yet. Which ones have a habit of cracking?

Clink

Prefer the look of these TBH

I wonder why??! 🙂

walleater

I'm not naming names Druidh, but let's just say that friends have owned all the obvious UK brands that are mentioned on STW, and I can't think of one that is still alive today. That's pretty bad!

druidh
    Free Member

Walleater – mine was much cheaper than those UK brands 🙄 (direct from China)

timdrayton
    Free Member

"motherrrrrrrr all those nasty older boys are laughing at my welds again…."

now that my embarrased weld related sobbing has faded i have resolved to nearly finish the build.

Hoses need shortening and changing, cabling isnt finished, and the bar and stem will soon be changed for a 0 degree 80-90mm something, and a low rise carbony bar (if anyone has a stem or a bar with a bit of sweep out there email me, moneys waiting), i am waiting for a carbon rigid fork, and might get some black and red sids in the near future…..

Otherwise welds an all, I am very pleased, it cost all in, less than the rrp of the frame, and the frame is 6 months old (thank you Northern_peddler its great)

the wheels are ace too, thanks to adyxc (i'll get your singlespeed kit in the post asap btw!!!)

havent properly weighed it yet (but have all the bits), but allowing a bit extra and with the look pedals and a better stem it should be just under 21 lbs, with the rigid forks 19 lbs.

Its my only bike but it fits perfectly being shorter in the top tube than my old airborne.

your thoughts and mockery are welcome singletrack people

timdrayton
    Free Member

bloody crappy camera…..

fenboy

which old ladys house did you break into to take the pictures?

nice bike though

Clink

Nice bike; dog looks guilty though – I'd check behind the curtains!

timdrayton
    Free Member

ha ha!

me and the missus rent a bungalow, decor aside it is lush and has a mahoosive garden, it does look like dorian from birds of a feather decorated in the 90s, then didnt bother again….

we have proper 90s jacuzi too, the missus didnt realise not to put bubble bath in the first time and filled the bathroom with bubbles 😉

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Heh. I'm guessing the frame and build budget ate into the camera budget 🙂

One of my former students seems to have set up a bike company… stanton bikes.

yet to see one of theirs in the flesh so can't really comment any further but i like what i see so far

McQ
    Free Member

I agree with Clink, that dog looks decidedly suspicious. I'd almost have expected him to come into the room whistling…. 😉

nicko74

Did you know your dog is moonlighting in the HMV adverts, btw?!

JamesP
    Free Member

It looks nice – but I think you might be dissapointed when it goes on the scales. I can't see it being 21lbs. But I might be wrong 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I would have run the stem the other way up and fitted a flat bar.

younggeoff

Agree with the comment on weight, I had a soda fully kitted out with King, Hope, XTR, Thompson, Pace forks and easton stuff and it only just scraped under 24lbs.

Nice bike though

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

£900 for a steel frame?????????

Mister-P
    Free Member

How much did njees carbon e-bay special bike come in at? That was about 21lbs so I would be surprised if this was that light. However weight is not the most important factor in a bikes performance.

JamesP
    Free Member

20lbs IIRC. My Stumpjumper Carbon with Stan's Race 7000, SID WC, Magura Marta SLs, Extralite 2×9 etc comes in at 19lbs and its going to be damn hard to get it much lighter. I think 21lbs is optimistic.

Doesn't stop it from being a nice bike and the Ti frame should give a nice zingy ride. Tim – I'd ditch that RaceFace Evolve crank when you get a chance.

slowrider
    Free Member

is your stem quite long?

timdrayton
    Free Member

Yeah been toting with the idea of ditching the cranks but can't afford xtr… They are 900gs Inc bb can't Afford better.

The frame weighs 1350 the wheels 1450 the forks 1600 and weighed all the bits too, and have allowed extra for grease etc, so it should weigh as I stated unless my local post offices digital scales are wrong 😉

epicsteve
    Free Member

20lbs IIRC. My Stumpjumper Carbon with Stan's Race 7000, SID WC, Magura Marta SLs, Extralite 2×9 etc comes in at 19lbs and its going to be damn hard to get it much lighter. I think 21lbs is optimistic.

Agreed. More likely to be similar in weight to my Zion – it's 23lbs (according to my scales) with Float 80RLT's, carbon bars, Hope/X717 wheels, mostly XT drivetrain, Conti Speed King Supersonics, M520 pedals etc.

timdrayton
    Free Member

eh?

i took all the bits, even cables and outers down to my local postoffice, used their scales which are the most accurate i could find (this is sadly anal i know, but hey i have the time)

added all the bits weights together, and then added 50gs for grease, and chain oil etc, and the resulting weights are above….

why are they wrong? those wheels are silly light with their aerolight spokes….

EDIT morrisons have 2 for 1 on becks at the mo this is all the justification a chubby guy needs to get inot a my bike is lighter than yours argument btw

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘tims tarty titanium teaser’ is closed to new replies.