Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Time trial bb question.
  • dibboid
    Free Member

My friends just bought a spesh transition time trial bike frame (new 2013) and has a spesh time trial doner bike. His current one has a fsa gxp chainset but the new frame is bb30. Is there such a kit to convert from pf to threaded and are they any good and reliable? Only it will get a hammering as he competes.

Thanks.

Edit: only I got the job of building it.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Wheels manafactureing do press in converters
    To adapt press fit to most things.
    That fsa one is prob not gxp as that’s for SRAM

Best one I’ve used is the praxis works converter bb
    http://praxiscycles.com/pages/conversion

I know it says shimano cranks only but a lot of fsa use the same 24 mm axle dia
    BUT I’ve never tried it so do more asking

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

i second the praxis works but as mentioned above, if he’s running an fsa chainset he won’t be running a gxp bb. fsa have a million and one bb’s to suit their chainsets

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edric64
    Free Member

Time trial stuff doesnt get a hammering its not usually used that much and ridden on smooth roads at a constant cadence

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

not where i’m from!
    i hammered mine to 1st last night up some nasty little roads

dibboid
    Free Member

He said (and he wrote it down so I couldn’t get it wrong) gxp – fsa- aero (which I believe is a carbon jobbie) 52-48…

No good for my mtb. 😉 I’d smash it of the first rock I saw!

But saying that he could be wrong. I’ll inform him then. He’ll be a happy bunny.

Thanks for your replies guys. 🙂 I know what I’m doing the weekend. I’ll post a pic of the finished item.

dibboid
    Free Member

I just had a read on praxis and they have their own bearings in. he wants to use his ceramic ones tho. I think I need better info And looked at it myself before posting.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

the sram pressfit30 to bsa threaded adapters will work best for him then.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Time trial bb question.’ is closed to new replies.