Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Time travel
  • vermillion
    Free Member

If you could turn the clock back
    1.would you?
    2.how far?
    3.why?
    4.would you change anything?

RustySpanner

Yes.
    About 2013 years.
    Curiosity.

Ah, your additional question. Sorry for the delay. Had to make a really nice hot cup of tea to power the….oh nevermind.

And yes. Probably.

vermillion
    Free Member

Sorry RS,,I added another question

Bregante

Yes.
    2 days and 6 hrs.
    ?

Bregante

And now I’d go back 24 seconds to answer your additional question

vermillion
    Free Member

Bregante 😆

jonahtonto
    Free Member

“what do we want?” – time travel! “when do we want it?” – doesn’t matter 😆

gears_suck
    Free Member

No.
    2,3,4 N/A

bencooper
    Free Member

Yes, 70 years, to Hitler’s bunker.

I’ve seen sci-fi films, I know messing with history is a really bad thing. So I wouldn’t kill Hitler, but I reckon wedgies and Chinese burns would be okay.

everyone
    Free Member

Yep.
    About 2 years
    To tell myself to just stick with the BEng + placement. This MEng is going to kill me.

Although saying that, I’m in quite a good place at the minute; many nice bikes, good mates, a girl that accepts that at least one bike comes first.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yep,
    Around 25 years.
    It would be kind of nice living a life where you knew some of the otherwise unknowns. Buy some cheap property, always selling at the height of the market invest in apple shares, note down the numbers of any rollover lottery draws, grand national winners etc. Then just enjoy the randomness of everything else without ever worrying about the money.

I don’t think it started ’till the mid 90’s but It would be funny to win the lottery three weeks on the bounce, everyone would know it was wrong but how could they prove it was dodgy?

Northwind

Stand on the grassy knoll and shout duck.

There’s tons of stuff I’d like to see and tons of stuff I’d like to change, tbh, as long as I can remember this life why not also live another? Not saying it’ll be better or worse but 2 lives is better than one.

Might be daft, first stop would be Donington Park, Monsters of Rock 1994- basically the day I started being a music lover, genuinely crazily lifechanging sitting at home listening to the radio almost feeling your brain reprogram itself. “This is what you do now”

nicko74

I remember reading a book that started with the premise of “what if JFK had ducked”. It didn’t end well – basically suggesting that his various, uh, proclivities, didn’t do the USA much good.

And About Time, while a bit soppy, actually does quite a good job of showing the “having two lives” part. Worth a watch, and I think it talks a lot of sense – rather than trying to change the world, how about just taking the time to really live, and *really* enjoy your life?

jonahtonto
    Free Member

just re-read ‘the restaurant at the end of the universe’ seems like such a good idea….book after you get home, pay by putting a penny in a saving account in your own time. got dragons den booked for the next series

Drac

HI from 30 years in the future.

Scotland isn’t independent anymore the Russians took them over because Berwick; which became part of the Scotland again; broke their treaty so Russia went back to war with them. The south is still damp, but slowly drying out. I’m in my 70s and still can’t retire as the Conservatives got back in power 3 years ago they extended retirement age for NHS staff to 80 but then sold the NHS off to their corporation mates. Apart from that everything is awesome, oh except for the giant monsters that rose out of the the depths of the ocean they’re 50 stories high.

RustySpanner

Are Sheff U in the Premiership yet?

vermillion
    Free Member

Drac,,is Halle Berry still worth one?

rene59
    Free Member

It’s a time machine, not a miracle machine!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Yes
    1955 in Hill Valey, California
    To nick the Delorean
    There’s lots to change, I’d make it my business to do so. Funding would come from popping back, buying something, going forward and selling it, usually to rip off twunks like bankers, I’d invent Facebook before Zukkerburg,? Bet on Red Rum, put 1p in the bank in say 1664 whilst visiting France to see Kronenburg getting invented and so on.

First, I’d kill Hitler though, in 1914 in the First World War moments before offing Blair at birth.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Who wouldn’t?
    The best films suggest you’d be limited to your own lifetime.
    To stop myself going to university. What a waste of time.
    I’d change a lot of choices around that time. Get a job, straight into a final salary pension and buy a house while it was still affordable. If I worked my way up in the industry I’m in now, I’d be more experienced, better qualified, better paid and better at it.

Drac

Are Sheff U in the Premiership yet?

Football has been abolished which helped in works peace and solved the poverty through out the world due to all the spare cash.

Drac,,is Halle Berry still worth one?

Well I’m biased given that she’s my wife.

Rorschach
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I would like to go back to a time before metalled roads and ride the most awesome trail network ever. Imagine the A5 past Llyn Ogwen as a rocky trail…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I already answered this thread. In the future.

RustySpanner

The old A5 from Oggers to Capel is still an unmade road.
    Goes behind the campsite.
    Tends to be a bit moist, but safer and more fun than the main road.
    😀

There’s some tarmac between Ogwen Cottage and Bethesda, but not all of it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I know, but the main road and all the tourists are there nowadays. There are many other roads that would be brilliant.. even the normal network of country lanes would be ace as trails 🙂

emsz
    Free Member

I think you’d have to do a bit of personal shit, and at the same time do the lottery numbers. So

1. Yes, durr obvs
    2. A couple of years
    3. Not organise a party
    4. Apart from going to the co-op to put my lottery numbers up. I’d have had a easier life

misinformer
    Free Member

Mon grips move to Yorkshire then imagine roads which had tarmac but look like they only just survived the apocolypse

molgrips
    Free Member

I like those trails in the Lakes that are roads in all but tarmac. There are quite a few bits and pieces around Cardiff that are like that too, but you can’t go far without bumping into a tarmac one.

shermer75
    Free Member

Maybe every time someone invents a time machine and goes backwards in time they unintentially alter history so that they aren’t born, meaning that they pop out of existance and the time machine was therefore never invented. This is probably the reason why we don’t have time machines.

shermer75
    Free Member

It would also explain the empty fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square…

Drac

I already answered this thread. In the future.

Clearly your post failed as we can’t see it.

footflaps

I’m in my 70s and still can’t retire as the Conservatives got back in power 3 years ago they extended retirement age for NHS staff to 80 but then sold the NHS off to their corporation mates.

You think the Tories would let the NHS last that long!?

kimbers

id have 2 things for myself

1996 machine head concert astoria london
    read whats written on the back of the ‘sticker’ you found- its actually the winning ticket in their contest to go with them on tour!

1997 comedy club, boston, america, the 2 girls that loved your accent, just go back to their place!

id also go back to the 1980s with 1000 a4 leaflets saying ‘savile is a paedo’ and air drop them over london

molgrips
    Free Member

So all of history and you lot can only think of going back 20 years? To within your own lifetimes?

Lame!

beanum

Stephen King answered those questions pretty well with “11.22.63”

kimbers

molgrips – Member
    So all of history and you lot can only think of going back 20 years? To within your own lifetimes?

Lame!

molgrips havent you seen treehouse of horror V?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1IKioDLEh8[/video]

Drac

You think the Tories would let the NHS last that long!?

I know.

BigJohn

If you could turn the clock back
    1.would you?
    2.how far?
    3.why?

Drac

1) yes
    2) 1 Hour
    3) Day Light savings time.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Time travel’ is closed to new replies.