Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Time Trails… what do I need to know?
  • ghostlymachine
    Free Member

TTs are very much run what you brung. Especially at club evening events
    See if you like it before throwing money at it.

jonba
    Free Member

I don’t know what the scene is like in your area but I was always put off by the fact I would never win an arms race when I wasn’t prepared to shell out thousands on kit*.

However, things are a bit more level when things are bit less level. We have a good selection of hilly time trials and sporting courses oop north that aren’t your standard flat 10s and 25s. Makes things a bit more interesting for a roadman. Some are technical enough that bike skill can play a part. Worth looking at in your area

*yes, I know they are a race against the clock trying to better yourself but since I started winning things I am now very much not about the taking part, all about the winning.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Think the “arms race” thing is a bit of a distraction/excuse really. If you put some thought into it and spend money wisely you can be very competitive on a sensible budget, SH kit etc. It is more about getting everything right, experience, position and power.

Kryton57

power

Oh. 😐

mrblobby
    Free Member

Only one piece of the puzzle 🙂

Kryton57

Lucky I’ve got a slippery helmet then, so to speak.

Macavity
    Free Member

25 mm tyres
    Tom Dumoulin’s TT bike

phil40
    Free Member

For the upcoming season I have decided to upgrade from my road bike: So far is will cost:

New TT bike: £255 (about 9 years old, but will get me low at the front and I am the biggest blocker of the wind)
    New deep section wheels: Carbon 100mm deep = £270 with tubs fitted already
    New helmet (I’ll wait for a sale) but about £80
    Skinsuit: Last years version from my club £40

I am not in any sort of arms race, and the fast boys could take that kit and beat most comers! I like TT because it is about you fitness/power and the time you are willing to invest tweaking your position!

My aim for this season is to go sub 25min…..maybe working towards 24min for the 10. So I really am not a fast guy!

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Time Trails… what do I need to know?’ is closed to new replies.