Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Time to step aside (lfc content)
  • loddrik
    Free Member

For the first time in my life, I can categorily say I hope Chelsea tank us on Sunday, I hope the liverpool players 'let' them win at a canter…

And f*ck off benitez while you're at it!

Coyote
    Free Member

The well balanced LFC supporter. Chip on both shoulders. 8)

trailmonkey

So, you'd be happy to cheat in order for Man Utd not to overtake your record ?
    You can feel the self pity oozing out of this one.

If I were a LFC fan right now, I'd be concentrating on worrying that my team got enough points to qualify for The Europa League next season or trying to finish a little higher than Everton or Villa or City, not stressing about the teams that are in the next level up.

higgo
    Free Member

It's that funny time of year, isn't it. I know a bitter who was at OT last weekend as a guest of Spurs but supporting United. How does that make sense? I was talking to a scouser yesterday who cheered Blackburn's goal at anfield in '95.

I can't remember ever wanting my team to lose. I hope the 'dippers get a right good spanking tomorrow too. I'm counting on Wigan doing a job for us on the last day.

Higs
    MUFC.

mikey74
    Free Member

For the first time in my life, I can categorily say I hope Chelsea tank us on Sunday, I hope the liverpool players 'let' them win at a canter…

And f*ck off benitez while you're at it!

Do you realise how pathetic that sounds? I'm also a Liverpool fan and yes, I don't want Man Ure to win the title, but to be honest, we have far more important things to worry about. So what if they beat our record: We need to sort ourselves out, and then it will be all the sweeter when we get the record back :mrgreen:

loddrik
    Free Member

I can tell you I know many lfc fans who want us to lose tomorrow. Bitter? Yes. Twisted? Absolutely. Want team to cheat in order that the scum win f*ck all, bring it on!!!

I was at anfield in the lower centenary for the game against Blackburn and I can tell you as many didn't cheer as did, and half the ones who did was an instinctive reaction.

I hope Chelsea smack 10 past us, and for those who say I am not a proper fan, well they are probably not from Liverpool I would guess..

If it were up to me, I would be scoring an own goal at every oppotunity and then going over to celebrate with the Chelsea fans.

Talkemada
    Free Member

I don't think it's down to Liverpool 'letting' Chelsea win; Liverpool simply aren't good enough to beat them.

As for Benitez going; he's been more successful than Arsehole Whinger in the time he's been at Anfield…

I think too many duff signings, some mad tactical decisions and an inability to produce effective consistency have been his undoing really. Problems off the pitch haven't helped at all, with those Yank twits messing about and creating huge debts, and tbh, a good few of the players are mercenary bastards who would rather be elsewhere (**** off Riera you ungrateful chunt; Liverpool is the best team you're ever likely to play for). And then there's flops like Robbie Keane; who could predict he'd suddenly turn shit? Even Spuds don't want him!

Benitez has brought in some excellent players; Alonso, Torres, Kuyt, Benayoun, Reina, Johnson, Mascherano, Crouch, Bellamy…

And in fairness, most of the players that were good at Liverpool and have left, haven't exactly set the World alight since. Michael Owen, anyone?

The Champions League of 2005 showed Benitez is a master at making the most of what he's got. And he instilled a passion back in the team that had been missing for years. Last season showed that he did have the ability to take Liverpool to the League title. Liverpool were only pipped by a superb Man U. Chelsea were left trailing, and Arsenal were nowhere.

This season has seen a net transfer spend of £10,000. Man City spent how much, and aren't significantly higher than LFC. The problems at LFC are more than just the manager. If you get rid of Benitez, who are you going to replace him with? Alan Pardew??

Looks like Benitez is on his way, if the increasingly strong Juventus rumours are true. I must say, the disappointment of this season makes me feel it's time for a change, but that itself could be fraught with all sorts of difficulties. A new manager will simply need loads of money to spend each season; the Youth Academy needs sorting out, the new stadium is long overdue, and Liverpool FC must become the most feared team in Europe once more.

I'd sooner see the back of Hicks and Gillet than Benitez. Could LFC get a government bail-out? They are after all a National Treasure!

Man U won't be eclipsing us if they win the title this season; they'll simply have one more League title, and a few more FA Cups, that's all. Liverpool have quite a few more European titles.

As a Liverpool fan, I hope we beat Chelsea on Sunday. I'm not concerned about Man U. They're not my club. The only thing I worry about is Liverpool winning.

YNWA

higgo
    Free Member

Man U won't be eclipsing us if they win the title this season.

That's the funniest thing I've read all morning.

Like it or not, you've been in our shadow for some time now.

mike_check
    Free Member

Oh god! First thing, I think given our form this season and after the long hard game on Thursday and the disapointing outcome, I think it's pretty arrogant or even just naive to suggest we may have to 'let' Chelsea win.

Secondly, I'd love to beat them on Sunday, ideally though United would lose to Sunderland beforehand also.

And finally, getting rid of Benitez would be an enormous step backwards, yes this has been a very disapointing season, but thats hugely down to the steps forward we have made since his arrival. The changes he has made way down the line re the youth setup and reserve setup won't bare immediate results, but when it has filtered through they will be massive for the club. We now have people working away who have been part of some of the greatest development teams at clubs like Barcelona for example. Benitez has been instrumental in this.

I also believe that our 1st 11 is as good as any, but the squad doesn't have quality in depth, that is down to the whole 'sell-to-buy' situation he has been working in, while the 1st team has improved, it has meant selling on the old 1st team players rather than having the luxury of keeping them as back-up, hence building a quality squad rather than just quality 11.

We will not throw the game tomorrow, we may lose and be humbled, we may fight hard but ultimately be exhausted and downbeat from Thursday, we may even win, whatever happens, we will be behind the team to perform and the players will try to perform.

Talkemada
    Free Member

Admittedly, like you were throughout the 70s and 80s.

But it's mostly been because Liverpool failed to capitalise on the momentum generated in out most successful period, and have not had sustained stability at the club since. Man U have a long, long way to go before they can eclipse Liverpool's achievements in Europe. And don't forget; you've got massive debts; look what happened to Leeds. Your fans don't even seem to be sure of what colour strip your club should be wearing…

Man U were the first English club to fully embrace the modern corporate nature of the game, which brought in massive investment. This has obviously paid dividends, just look at Chelsea; mid-table non-achivers, to league champions in just a couple of years. And Man City; last year where? Liverpool have somewhat missed the boat on this score. And so have Arsenal to some extent. Their league position this season is flattering. I was having to endure a wibbling Arse fan last Saturday; yeah, but you've won f-all again this season, and you've bottled every big game you've played…

In the Words of a LFC great; I will love it, just love it, if Man U don't win the title this year. But I'd rather it was at their own hands, than down to Liverpool's failure.

Coyote
    Free Member

but you've won f-all again this season

One more trophy than the City of Self Pity.

ton

this post goes to show how pathetic a game football and it's supporters really are…….. 8)

ton

emphasis on the word…….GAME…. 😉

Talkemada
    Free Member

Loddrik, what a load of tosh. So, Man U win the title. That's just all the more reason for Liverpool to put themselves on top again. And how is that going to happen? By sacking the manager? So he takes all his staff with him? Plus some of his best signings? You fool. Who would you replace him with? The best managers all have safe jobs. There's no-one on the market who is fit to fill his role. Then, you're talking about another 2 or 3 years at least, to rebuild. Not to mention the club needing to secure investment and finance, so that we can be in for the best players. The only real option, to ensure any chance of success soon, would be to get in a top name, like Mourinho, perhaps. Someone with real credentials in the EPL. Who else is there? Even Big Phil couldn't hack it.

Mnd you, Roy Hodgson's success with Fulham has been good to watch. The next 'big' English manager, perhaps?

Bacon Face has built a dynasty at Old Trafford, like Shankly did at Anfield. Thats what Liverpool need, not another Lego squad. You need to look at the big picture; changing everything now will mean nothing for the next few years at least; Benitez has built up the best squad Liverpool have had since the 80s. And whilst it's lightweight compared to Chelsea and Man U, there's still some pretty good foundations there. Foundations that were in place to help batter Man U and Real Madrid last season…

Talkemada
    Free Member

One more trophy than the City of Self Pity.

So tell me, Boris Johnson; what have Arse won this season?

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow talk is on this topic could not have predicted that almost did a thread to help you out the closest 😛

It gives me great pleasure and immense satisafation to see that the aspirations of the mighty Liverpool are so low that all they want to do is loose so we dont win. How the mighty really have fallen. Fergie clealry has knocked you so far off your perch you cant even see it anymore.
    On the season a poor season hard to say either team really deserves it but overall been more exciting than usual for the end of season winners.

sc-xc

Big four watch out, we're coming to get you this season

Talkemada
    Free Member

Heh! And in other news; Portsmouth are in the FA cup final!!!

Play Up Pompey! 😀

Talkemada
    Free Member

On a more sombre note, it's a day to remember those killed or injured, supporting their club.

YNWA.

grumm
    Free Member

It gives me great pleasure and immense satisafation to see that the aspirations of the mighty Liverpool are so low that all they want to do is loose so we dont win.

Oh no you're not one of them are you?

firestarter
    Free Member

second that fred

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes i sadly refer to a team I support as we please dont put the Mitchell Webb link to humiliate me.

Joxster
    Free Member

IIRC the debt wasn't Man Us but the Glazers on the money they had to borrow to buy Man U, then they transferred the debt on to Man U.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Joxter, Man Utd were pretty good before the Glazers' arrival IIRC.
    Liverpool might draw with Chelsea, United will probably do the same at S'land.
    Sadly.

hilldodger
    Free Member

So, just out of interest, how many of you diehards go and see 'your team' week in, week out – or at all !

Mainly 'plastics' I reckon……..

ratadog

So, just out of interest, how many of you diehards go and see 'your team' week in, week out – or at all !

Start with how many of them support the team based nearest to the place they were born/grew up.

I speak as one who watches with interest as my kids primary school in North Yorkshire divides up neatly between the ManU and Chelsea factions. The dads mostly support Leeds of course.

I grew up in Liverpool at a time before the current cross city animosity when you supported red or blue, but if your team got knocked out of the cup you were happy to see the other one do OK (and if they both got to the final there was no segregation and no need for it), and both sides of the city were happy to see Tranmere have a bit of a run. After that it was anyone but Leeds and Manchester United and if the latter 2 did by some dreadful mischance get to the Cup final your best hope was a very boring 0-0 draw and a flood light failure in the replay.

loddrik
    Free Member

Maybe I am too young (37!!!) but Leeds were never on the radar. The scum are, well, the scum. I am, unlike many other scouse lfc fans, quite happy for everton to win as long as it isn't against us!

higgo
    Free Member

In the time before children I probably went 12-15 times a season. Now it's more like 8-10. In recent history I was at the Bayern game, had a ticket for the derby (but was stuck in Sweden by volcanic nonsense), was at the Spurs game (took my son (6) for the first time) and will be at the Stoke game.

loddrik
    Free Member

That should be that, the mancs ain't gonna win it, I am an extremely happy scouser today, now time to get rid of most of our shite squad…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Well, not an entirely surprising result. Liverpool made a good go of it in the first half actually, and Chelsea looked well nervous. Gerrard's disastrous back-pass will get the Scummers going mental with conspiracy theories, but tbh, Liverpool were a dejected, folorn shadow of last year's team. Sad to see.

Still, every cloud has a silver lining and that…

Come on you Black Cats!

Bacon Face and the Scum: You haven't eclipsed us yet. YNWA! 😀

Talkemada
    Free Member

That should be that, the mancs ain't gonna win it, I am an extremely happy scouser today,

As much as the thought of the Scum not getting an unprecedented 4th consecutive and 19th overall title is a consoling notion, losing at home to Chelsea is not something I ever want to see happen to LFC. I'm more concerned with how LFC are going to turn this mess around, than I am with the False Reds' performance.

Juventus have failed to qualify for the CL, I understand, which could have a massive bearing on Benitez's future.

So, forget this season, it's over. What's the next move? Some serious money needed, a raft of decent players required, and an assurance to whoever the manager is next season, that if X player is available but will cost X amount, then we can at least stand some chance of getting them. Players who I'd like to see at Anfield include Tevez, Milner, Hangeland, Zamora, Beckford and a few other English league players, who are genuine possibilities, not like the dreamland types like Messi etc. A fair few great talents out there in the lesser European teams too. Build a squad around a style of play, not a player. Benitez has shown he can forge a decent team from more limited resources than other clubs. It's not just about spending shitloads. Look at Arsenal for example. They were successful on much smaller budgets than Manure or Chelski, for sure.

This season's been a shocker, no question. But it's all about bouncing back now. Maybe the added pressure of the CL being off will act as a blessing; concentrate on building a league winning squad, then Europe can come later. It's not like we've never won Europe's top club competition…

Off tangent a bit, did anyone see the Liverpool shirt sponsor logo? What was that? Chinese version of Carlsberg? Looked very odd seeing anything else on the shirts, after all this time.

loddrik
    Free Member

We should be sponsored by toilet duck at the moment. And as for zamora and beckford for Liverpool. WTF!!?? May as well go the whole hog and get megson in too to steer the ship. At least it will give the mancs somthing to laugh about…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

At least it will give the mancs somthing to laugh about…

I'm not sure they've really been that short of things to laugh about.

voodoo_chile

city of self pity ….what a complete tw*t …not got a clue coyote

Talkemada
    Free Member

Loddrik; so tell me, who would you get in for LFC then, bearing in mind superstar players will be out of the budget's reach? We won't have £200 million to spend this summer, you know…

Zamora; fast, strong, agile. Would be a good compliment to Torres (if indeed he stays). Beckford; lively, talented and has been banging them in at Leeds. Undoubted talent.

I suppose you'd like to see Messi, Kaka, C. Ronaldo (spit), Ribery, etc? Well, that ain't gonna happen, so best to look elsewhere. Those players I've mentioned all work really hard, have spirt and commitment, and can help win games. What we don't need are Berbatov-types; skilful and talented, good to watch, but not enough balls for a real bastard slogger of a game. Ironically, even Lucas, Babel and Aquilani have given it their best the last couple of games. End of season 'can I have a new contract please' type performances maybe.

As for Megson; I'd actually rather have someone at the helm who understands the Premier league, tbh, than someone with 'credentials' who doesn't. I refer you to my previous comment re Big Phil Scolari…

Liverpool don't currently have the luxury to get in a top manager and top names, unless they can secure a shitload of investment. As this is unlikely to happen overnight, maybe it might be bset to stick with what we've got, and try to build on it. A wholesale clearout and managerial upheaval at this stage will surely put us back even further.

loddrik
    Free Member

Tbh what football needs is to get back to basics and at least 6 first team players should have been born within 20 miles of the ground. Should some mega rich fool come in like at chelsea or man city and throw cash around like water it will just perpetuate the situation. The sooner the premier league bubble bursts the better. tbh I wish I didn't support any team but I am unfortunately emotionaly involved and it pisses me off.

At least if I was from Surrey I could support who I wanted and chop and change with whoever is winning as seems to happen. But I am a scouser and am Liverpool through and through. Painful though it is these days…

Talkemada
    Free Member

Tbh what football needs is to get back to basics and at least 6 first team players should have been born within 20 miles of the ground.

Now you're talking complete bollocks. Are you related to Geoffrey Boycott?

What I think would do Football (as opposed to the huge corporate machine) a favour, is if F1-style budget caps were introduced. Differing levels for each league. Maybe £50 million a season tops, for every team (Europe too). Would certainly stop the £80 million for Ronaldo, £56 million for Kaka type insanity that just prices lower teams out of the market. Minimum contract terms that have to be adhered to. Wage budget caps (you can pay your star players £200k a week, but this just means your other players will get less). I dunno. I just don't like seeing competition ruined by money, and battling little clubs like Portsmouth getting bankrupted (deserve to play in Europa league, yet can't because of bastard).

I live in London, but I'm just as passionate as any LFC lives-5-minutes-from-the-ground fan.

I don't ever want my favourite team to lose to anyone, however….

hilldodger
    Free Member

Can't be fussed to google it but I'm sure Benitez has bought and sold over 150 players in his time as manager, and I'd guess only Gerrard and Carragher are there from the pre-Benitez days.

I bet the big three clubs haven't had that level of player turnover in the last six years……..

higgo
    Free Member

Can't be fussed to google it…

Neither can I but the stats are out there. From what I remember, in terms of both total spend and net spend, FSW is right up there with United, chelsea & arsenal. The sorry tale he tells about not having the cash to compete is a smokescreen for his poor buying.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Time to step aside (lfc content)’ is closed to new replies.