Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Time to stand down from duty
  • Underhill
    Free Member

Just wanted to share a link to an article about my cousin and some of her life. She finished her fight with cancer at the weekend. Although she didn’t win, she showed incredible strength & positivity in battling for life and enjoying it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1229816/Ive-got-cancer-wig-I-told-soldier-hero-Mike-Lockett-I-met-He-shrugged-grinned-said-Youre-hot-.html

bearnecessities

Let me be the first to park any DM comments now.

Thanks Underhill for sharing; condolences and I’m sure you’re proud. A lot could learn a little from people like your cousin.

Best Wishes, Rich

Coyote
    Free Member

She sounds quite a lady. You must be proud to know her. I would be.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Swelper
    Free Member

RIP my thoughts go out to you and your family.

Words seem meaningless during these times, when life deals a bad hand

I too have lost a close friend to cancer, 41 with a husband an two young children

Such a cruel loss

takisawa2

Lost for words so just to say how sorry I am to read this.
    Take care.

Underhill
    Free Member

Thanks, on behalf of her family, for your thoughts. I have to admit that, although our families were close when we were younger, time moves us apart and in recent years the only contact I had with her really was through Facebook.

But I was always impressed by her determination that she wasn’t just going to give in, even when she lost Mike, or when the doctors told her more bad news. It makes me think how often I, we, take for granted our health, the opportunities to enjoy it and how I often squander the time I have.

Some fight & win, some fight & lose. The important thing is that we fight.

stumpy01

RIP x2…

At least they are together now…

DezB
    Free Member
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Time to stand down from duty’ is closed to new replies.