Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)
  • Time to protest TV Licence fee?
  • robbie
    Free Member

With Rolf now getting added to the list of undesirables that were paid by the bbc. Is it time that the British public stood up and stopped funding the criminal activities that have/are happening at the bbc?

anagallis_arvensis

No
    Next

allthepies
    Free Member

no, not really.

gogg
    Free Member

Back under your bridge…

legend
    Free Member

yes, I love shit programmes and advert breaks

jambourgie
    Free Member

Never paid it. Never will.

Next.

brant
    Free Member

I would happily pay the licence fee just to listen to 6Music.

Indeed, I would willingly sell my house and all it’s contents to pay for the BBC

Jamie
    Free Member

sighPlayer

thepurist

You going to stop paying taxes because of Cyril Smith too?

rene59
    Free Member

I stopped paying the licence fee about 10 years ago. Soon after strictly come dancing started.

maccruiskeen

With Rolf now getting added to the list of undesirables that were paid by the bbc

How long is this list now, has it reached double figures yet? How big a proportion is it of all the people who have worked and presented on the BBC over the 40 or so year time frame these cases relate to? How would that proportion compare to other professions?

Anyway, if you stop paying your license fee there’ll be nothing for Jamie to watch on his 4K tv.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Think of it this way. How would you feel if you had to pay a fee to Shell in order to have a car, even if you only bought your fuel at Texaco? It’s due to ‘the unique way it is funded’ that the BBC is a law unto itself, producing brain dead programming and numbskull news without fear of being held to acoount.

cheers_drive

Let me think about that. Best TV, best radio, best news website. NO!

richmars

It’s due to ‘the unique way it is funded’ that the BBC is a law unto itself, producing brain dead programming and numbskull news without fear of being held to acoount.

That’s right, because commercial TV is so good.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’m not arguing that commercial TV is any better but making the point that having a guaranteed income stream from the licence fee makes the BBC unaccountable.

Del

No, it doesn’t. In fact it’s probably a lot more accountable than any commercial station, other than for the purposes of revenue.
    Perhaps you’d like to can the NHS while you’re looking at these things…

thepurist

Can we all agree that one thing we really don’t like is repeats? Like TV license arguments on STW for example…

somafunk

Never paid the licence fee for obvious reasons but i’d be willing to cough up for a radio fee as i would go bat-shit crazy without 6music and R4 (and a few select R1 shows), tis’ a shame the world service budget has been cut right back at the expense of funding utter trite daytime tv

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Best TV, best radio, best news website.

Really??
    The only TV programme I like on BBC is Top Gear and we only get 12 episodes a year, if that. The rest is moronic drivil IMO. The only stuff we really watch is Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and 24. All of which are on commercial TV

jota180
    Free Member

Worth it for 6 Music and BBC4 alone

codybrennan
    Free Member

Murdoch and co ran a full-scale espionage ring. Do you suggest we (or rather, those who take anything from Sky) ‘stand up’ and- what-?

codybrennan
    Free Member

@ woodlikesbeer- one of the great things about the Beeb is its public service. It helped me with things like spelling and punctuation.

Licence fee is worth it twice over I’d say- maybe its just too highbrow for you.

allthepies
    Free Member

Shame you missed Happy Valley, it was frickin’ ace 🙂

chickenman

There are lots of really good quality programs on BBC radio and tv. Right enough if switch on on the off chance you will probably get drivel. I have Radio 4 on during the day at work and learn something new and interesting about the world every day.
    Go for a hotel break to Italy (for example) and switch the tv on and see what happens to your viewing when market forces are the only driver for program making and selection.

DezB
    Free Member

One word: InbetweenersArgh, no-one will believe i was joking.

kimbers

silly troll, is silly

you may as well say ban all aussies,

RustySpanner

To easy not to pay the license fee.

Use the BBC but don’t pay for it?
    You’re a parasite.

Bring in a thousand pound fine for evasion.
    Enforce it.

mintimperial

Presonally I think the BBC is worth several multiples of the license fee, if only for CBeebies. Thank the **** heavens for CBeebies.

bigblackshed

The license fee just gets paid by DD. How much is it now BTW?

What would be the alternative? Let Murdoch advertise at us? I’m sure if he had an income stream as big as the BBC he’d commission quality educational programming too. Oh, wait……..

jonahtonto
    Free Member

i dont pay a licence fee as i dont watch live tv.
    i do very occasionally watch iplayer, though since they lost the moto gp and f1, much much less. i would be willing to chip in to use iplayer but i rate it about 1/3 as good as netflix which is half the price and 1/10 as good as 4od which is free so how much should i have to chip in?

RustySpanner

All of it.

You use the BBC – Pay for it. 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

There isn’t a partial licence fee option so if you’re unwilling to pay the full wack then just make the small sacrifice to ditch the occasional iplayer watching and go 100% netflix / 4od.

Easy.

hora
    Free Member

Worth it for Cerys and Lauren

chickenman

At least you guys are still forced to subsidise my opera, classical music concerts, art gallery, ballet and theatre habits even if you can save a few pence a day by watching world leading quality programs on a laptop. 😈

jonahtonto
    Free Member

hold on. according to the people i would have to pay ie the bbc. i dont have to pay to use iplayer, so why the **** should i pay a whole fee or stop using it?

grahamh
    Free Member

Indeed, I would willingly sell my house and all it’s contents to pay for the BBC

Brant, do you think the OP is old enough to get that reference 😀

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzqfYV-6olc[/video]

seavers
    Free Member

With Rolf now getting added to the list of undesirables that were paid by the bbc. Is it time that the British public stood up and stopped funding the criminal activities that have/are happening at the bbc?

Yes of course you should. Also…if you have ever stroked a cat you should probably get tested for feline AIDS.

allthepies
    Free Member

If you only watch catchup TV then yes you’re right, no licence fee required currently. But you seem a public spirited kinda guy so surely coughing up the £145/yr for the licence fee ain’t no hardship given all the investment the beeb have made in making that technology platform and content available to you 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Its £145?!

Rip off. I dont pay it. Mrshora does as I refuse to.

How much does the BBC make from selling shows internationally, DVD etc etc sales?

No wonder it can pay million pound severence packages.

AdamW
    Free Member

I pay it. The BBC is the best broadcasting corp in my opinion and I refuse to knowingly give money to Rupe Murdoch.

I have noticed the BBC news to be more political these days, most probably fawning over the government when its charter is coming up for renew.

And, of course, Doctor Who rocks!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Time to protest TV Licence fee?’ is closed to new replies.