Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Time pedal alternatives?
  • Blower
    Free Member

been using these for years,but fancy a change,
    i use the platform ones,but not really essential having the platfrom,more the float and durability that is
    cheers.

Junkyard
    Free Member

onlt time have a decent float iirc why not get some Atac ones cheap and durable
    depending on how many cycling shoes you have you need t factor in changing cleats as well

Blower
    Free Member

what about crank bros?
    time cleats dont last long

dale
    Free Member

have used both time better for float and longlastingness
    my crankbros cleats were made of cheese !

z1ppy

CB’s have a rep for falling apart (I’ve seen this on a ride), but if maintained using the service kits, are apparently very good. Personally I’ve stuck with Times, got some freerideZ & some cheap ATAC ROC’s, as I can’t see any point in changing cleats on 4 pairs of shoes (old ones still get used occasionally). Never had an issue with the cleats though, always surprised how long they last – I’ve got two new pairs spare (had the 1st pair so long I forgot I had them, & discovered them after i bought some more spares cheap) & never seen any need to replace my old ones

Blower
    Free Member

may just stick with the time then..cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

Speedplay Frogs every time for me, wasn’t happy with Time’s float(felt more like sloppyness)or bearing life in Mendip/Quantocks winter mud.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Time pedal alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.