Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • Time lapse video of me building up my bike :)
  • jedimaster
    Free Member

hi everyone, a couple of months ago i decided to make a fast forward/time lapse video of building up my bike. I was wondering if you could give me some opinions on it. Is any good or just pure rubbish?

link – http://youtu.be/Krni6wA3mFE

cheers

bradley
    Free Member

I know where you live!

jedimaster
    Free Member

lol

chief9000
    Free Member

Nice marigolds !

Liftman

Wearing your mums best yellow marigolds for fitting the chain = fail

jedimaster
    Free Member

haha, still better than bare handed lol

tonyg2003

Valves – logos? No alignment at all.

Liked the marigolds too.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I can’t believe that you actually fitted the dork disc on purpose! Its one thing not removing it from a whole bike but I have never seen anybody actively fit one on a bike they have built.

grum
    Free Member

Well I liked it.

white101

nice work

jedimaster
    Free Member

I can’t believe that you actually fitted the dork disc on purpose! Its one thing not removing it from a whole bike but I have never seen anybody actively fit one on a bike they have built.

Well what’s wrong with it anyway? It doesn’t weight a ton and its extra protection for your spokes, so why not?

franksinatra

I thought you said it was speeded up 😕 That is how fast I work anyway

chief9000
    Free Member

You should get yourself a decent workbench. Better to do stuff on a bench then crouching on the floor.

I_Ache
    Free Member

extra protection for your spokes

You don’t need it if you set your mech up properly.

wobbem
    Free Member

Well done mate, good to see a young bloke getting know how to build his bike up from scratch, there are alot of d@ickheads out there who would be just running to mummys bike shop. 8)

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Id be too embarrassed to admit i owned a carrera !, let alone film it ! ..
    good job for having a go though 😀

yunki
    Free Member

nice work..

I’ll be dead proud if my lads are that capable when they’re a similar age..

DanW
    Free Member

No grease on the freehub when fitting the cassette?

It’s no bother to do with marigolds 😀

Good effort but check everything that needs to be greased is greased and everything that needs threadlock is threadlocked!

watsontony
    Free Member

why would you put the calipers on before the wheels? also your frame seems to be broken? whats that dodgy lettering on the side of it…. think it says “carrera”?

warton
    Free Member

I enjoyed it, nice one!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Love it. One of life’s little pleasures is building a bike from a pile of bits.

composite
    Free Member

Dub, time lapse and bikes. Not sure what else anyone wants?

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Personally I think its good. I couldnt do that now. So fair play

nickc

Nice one, enjoyed that.

yunki
    Free Member

I watched it with the sound off first time round..

you can have extra points for the soundtrack 😀

Alpha1653

Oh come on, stop being snobbish about his bike – all because he’s not building an Orange to go with the Audi.

Good effort on the build. I dare say there are a lot of people on here who have no idea how all the bits fit together.

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Really good 🙂 nice one!

Ignore all the negative comments. Carerras are actually not bad bikes at all and great value.

vorlich
    Free Member

Ripping someone for having a Carerra is pure twattery.

crossland
    Free Member

Well done, two minutes of entertainment

goldengus
    Free Member

Good work fella, Carrera is a sound brand – take no notice of the negativity.

Good to see a young lad buliding bikes rather than stuck indoors playing Xbox!

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

might seam picky but what was custom about your build i saw the diffrent coloured grips,pedals and discs but from what i could see was that you took your bike to bits and filmed yourself putting it back together which is fair play but not custom in anyway

righog
    Free Member

Great stuff, You faffed a lot less than when build up a bike I usually have to do everything at least twice because I am useless 😀

A mate of mine has a Trek remedy 4K and Carrera Fury, when he takes the Fury out he still beats my ass every time and he really rates it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I think there are a lot of purple on here today who have had a sense of humour bypass.

DezB
    Free Member

I enjoyed that. Quite different from when I build up a bike: No blood, sweat or swearing!
    Nice double garage too 🙂
    Funny comment about the dork-disc – I was expecting a ribbing for my cross bike still having that AND the spoke reflectors! Can’t be bothered to take em off.

bigjim

I don’t understand, where are the bits where you take off the bits you’ve put on wrongly, or when you throw the tool at the wall and kick the bike over, and cry as you google frantically?

bigblackshed

Good sound track. Like the garage door opening closing sequence.

Put your wheels on before the calipers would mean less chance off scuffing the brake pads.

Other than that good effort.

EDIT: Ignore the miserable bast**ds ^^^^^^^

buck53

Well done mate, great little video. Ignore those picking holes, you’ve achieved something there that many don’t.

Bike looked nice in the end, those of us that can look beyond whether the name on the tube is trendy or not know that Carrera hardtails are decent.

Did you film with camcorder or Go Pro? Look forward to the first ride video if the latter.

Wookster

bigjim – Member
    I don’t understand, where are the bits where you take off the bits you’ve put on wrongly, or when you throw the tool at the wall and kick the bike over, and cry as you google frantically?

POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST +1!!!

Nice one mate, cool vid and nice bike at the end! 🙂

jedimaster
    Free Member

Id be too embarrassed to admit i owned a carrera !, let alone film it !

also your frame seems to be broken? whats that dodgy lettering on the side of it…. think it says “carrera”

wow you guys are so sad. I wonder if the bikes that you ride get 5* reviews and and are at the top of rankings in bike mags in their class.

You don’t need a £6000 trek remedy 9.9 to enjoy mountain biking. I hope that you will understand that some day. 🙄 🙄

jedimaster
    Free Member

Well done mate, great little video. Ignore those picking holes, you’ve achieved something there that many don’t.

Bike looked nice in the end, those of us that can look beyond whether the name on the tube is trendy or not know that Carrera hardtails are decent.

Did you film with camcorder or Go Pro? Look forward to the first ride video if the latter.

i used my phone lol. The app is called lapse it pro 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘Time lapse video of me building up my bike :)’ is closed to new replies.