Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Time it takes to get water from a resevoir to my tap (or your tap)
  • Mrlethargic
    Free Member

Strange question.. but recently whilst riding I noticed that the resevoirs are pretty low.

This made me think, how long does it take to get the water from there, treated, and in to the water supply for drinking.

Maybe, just because the resevoirs are empty, is not to say there isn't a load of water with guys fishing bugs out of it so we can drink without fear of hatching something aquatic…

Anyone know (or care) :mrgreen:

rootes1

most switch to borehole or river water and treat what is needed..

for example Shrewsbury – 1/2 comes from river severn and 1/2 from boreholes –

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

3 days from Thirlmere to Manchester…

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

is not to say there isn't a load of water with guys fishing bugs out of it

and keeping it where exactly ?

Mrlethargic
    Free Member

anyone know about the ryburn valley resevoirs… near ripponden etc..

I never knew we took water from boreholes!

Mrlethargic
    Free Member

and keeping it where exactly ?

In a water treatment place??

rootes1

In a water treatment place??

treated on demand with smaller buffer stores and res to provide head and to smooth peaks in demand…

can't store large amounts of clean water as it gets dirty quickly..

plus the pipes themselves hold quite a lot of water (when they are not leaking of course)

spent three years at Severn Trent – though mostly on the dirty water side….

rootes1

there is also a national water grid (like the elec and gas grids), but as waters vary across the county not so easy to move around as different waters in the wrong area could upset ecology and treatment processes..

Mrlethargic
    Free Member

rootes1 – thanks very much!

rootes1

did you know that Lake Vyrnwy supplies Liverpool…

yes piped from wales to liverpool for treatment

been inside the damn when they have opened up a big value though the dam….. bloody rumbled!

good riding around Vyrnwy as well.

project
    Free Member

The canal from LLangollen down the road from LLandegla is used as an open suply line to Natwich in cheshire.

Also Brenig feeds liverpool with water, every one is nicking Welsh water,and now Severn trent are selling off the land around Vyrnwy to give the money to to the shareholders .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Time it takes to get water from a resevoir to my tap (or your tap)’ is closed to new replies.