Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Time is running out for Vulcan XH558….but you can help
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

The only airworthy Vulcan bomber, XH558, will be grounded within days if sufficient funds aren’t raised. I think this would be a massive shame, given its history and provenance. You can donate some dosh at http://www.vulcantothesky.org if you’d like to help keep this lovely V bomber in the air.

PS – the bucket of sunshine has been removed 😮

the-muffin-man

Hmm – I was about to post about why they are trying so hard to keep it airworthy!

It seems that every 4-5 months we get the same headlines that its future ‘hangs in the balance’. As time goes on won’t the costs just keep spiralling upwards? And similarly as time goes by the people who actually care enough to donate will recede.

I just can’t see how long-term it will survive without big chunks of public funding.

tim41
    Free Member

Mixed feelings on this one. Whilst it’s been fantastic to have the Vulcan flying again for the last few years, it clearly costs a ridiculous amount of money to keep it going. The regular appeals for yet more cash are getting a bit repetitive now. In my opinion it’s simply not viable to keep it flying. It obviously can’t go on for ever. Sooner rather than later the the owners will have to accept that – hopefully XH558 can then live out its retirement doing fast taxi runs. We shall see.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Time is running out for Vulcan XH558….but you can help’ is closed to new replies.