Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Time for the summer (road) bike?
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Planning on a lunchtime ride and considering unleashing the summer bike 🙂 Looks lovely out there.

davidjey
    Free Member

Yes. Soon as the (road) race season begins.

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Yes, but perhaps not quite time for summer tyres yet

will
    Free Member

Is that still inflated? 😯

Dyffers
    Free Member

Out yesterday on the summer road bike. Today it requires a deep-clean to remove field run-off 😕

njee20
    Free Member

Been on mine all week for the commute, been fine!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Is that still inflated?

Probably had about 40psi in it there, the metal was plugging the hole quite well. Happened on a 40mph descent, glad it didn’t go down rapidly.

lunge

I was out on my summer bike on Sunday and it was brilliant, it felt so fast, I felt like I could climb like a mountain goat.

I’m keeping on the winter bike for the commute for the moment though, I’ve just got a sneaking suspicion we’re not done with this wet weather just yet.

sandwicheater

Wish I had a ‘summer’ bike 😥

warton
    Free Member

mine was out on Sunday. ran like a dream. getting aero bars on tonight for first TT of the year tomorrow….

officialtob
    Free Member

Wish I had a ‘summer’ bike

+1

TiRed

Mine’s been out for two weeks on club rides. On winter wheels. Feels fantastic, but my race bike was used all winter. I’ve also lightened the fixed wheel roadbike, prior to swapping wheels, forks and removing mudguards.

Watch the potholes!

stevious

Am yet to get my ‘summer’ bike but I suspect I’d still be mostly on the winter bike until the roads are less gritty.

njee20
    Free Member

I was out on my summer bike on Sunday and it was brilliant, it felt so fast, I felt like I could climb like a mountain goat.

Ha, agreed, I always love this time of year! Rode mine to/from work on Friday and got 6 KOMs (I’ll put it away now, sorry), I’d like to think it’s the winter training paying off, but the bike’s definitely quicker!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nearly,

New tape and tyres going on this weekend..

pondo

Went for a spin on the racer on Saturday – relied solely on Garmin Connect on picking a nice, quiet route, and badly underestimated firstly the amount of crap on the roads and secondly the climbing. Two punctures and 7800 foot of climbing – think I’ll just stick to commuting for a little while longer….

(Or look more closely at the route!)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lovely day to be out, even if it was only a quick one. Ended up on the winter bike as the Di2 battery on the summer bike needed a charge. Picked up a puncture from a cheeky bit of pavement for traffic dodging about half a mile from home, luckily managed to limp back before it got properly flat. My experiment with lower tyre pressure on the front had been going well up until that point!

but the bike’s definitely quicker!

Mines definitely quicker, but then it is about 5 lbs lighter and doesn’t have massive mud guard flaps, so I’d hope so!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

My road bike came off the turbo this morning (it’s been on there, and getting well used, since Nov) ready for an outting early tomorrow.

Hope those lonely, sweaty hours in the garage have been worth it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Time for the summer (road) bike?’ is closed to new replies.