Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 318 total)
  • Time for some honesty and a reach out for advice
  • scotroutes

No forks means no bike so, if you’re happy to loan them out, they’ll be fine.

martinhutch

It isn’t a loan – they’re surplus to requirements here.

I’m in Skipton, what’s the best way to get them onto the bike?

metalheart
    Free Member

Colin, I have those TALAS I offered earlier (might be 200mm long it they stand on their tippy-toes steerer). They’ll run at 100mm.

I’m at work tomorrow though not sure if you fancy a detour on yer way dahn sarf via the GC?

I’m on the ring road so fairly easy access. Text/email if they’re any use.

Cougar

You know, for all the criticism levelled at this forum (broadly by its users) about being whiny or elitist or argumentative or whatever, this thread right here is a beautiful example of why I’m still here and choose to spend hours of my life contributing to its feeding and watering. It’s not a forum, it’s a community. Love you guys.

MrOvershoot

Right I have a pair of VGC Reba Air 85-115mm U-Turns 210mm 1-1/8″ steerer going spare along with almost everything needed to build a bike apart from a frame to fit Mosey I’m 6’3″ he’s 5’6″.

I’m only 3/4 hour away from him but not for the next week 🙁

scaredypants

I’ve got a pike of some sort (the older sort), somewhere in the garage (and somewhere near Southampton)

depends if that’s too much travel, I guess (and needs a 20mm hub)

scotroutes

Thanks again for the offers guys. I’ll likely take Metalheart up on his offer. If not, I’ll be in touch directly sometime after the weekend

martinhutch

That sounds like the best option. Certainly will be more aesthetically-pleasing than my offering (which I forgot to mention has both disc and v brake tabs…)

scotroutes

Wait until you see the rest of it….

metalheart
    Free Member

This is how they looked on my old ti bike (in the semi-wilds)…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/br8MqN]What are they doing?[/url] by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

scotroutes

Right. After a bit of faff with forks and whatnot we have a bike.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NeNMDt]20161018_222142[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MVbhj5]20161018_222202[/url] by Colin Cadden, on Flickr

I’ll get it out for a wee test ride tomorrow.

Waiting for the OP to contact me so I can get it couriered.

Big thanks to Metalheart (seatpost and forks), Weeksy (cranks/BB), Milky1980 (rotors) and Murf (for the forks that I couldn’t use).

tjagain

I have just read this thread. Nice work chaps. As they say what comes around goes around.

murf
    Free Member

Thumbs up for all the work you’ve put into this Scotroutes, that’s a better bike than my hardtail!

milky1980
    Free Member

Need that like button 😀

That’s miles better than I thought was possible with donated parts! Scotroutes, you deserve a beer for the work put into this.

Cougar

That’s bloody lovely.

You all should be very, very proud of yourselves.

martinhutch

Matching bits, too. Very tidy. Well done.

chakaping
    Free Member

Good work Onion.

🙂

Andy

Been away and missed this. Thats just bloody brilliant by Scotroutes and everyone else. Get out and ride it Moseymtb 😀

frankconway

This is a thread I’ve missed.

@mosey: you clearly have loads of support – draw strength from it; my thoughts are with you and yours.

All the best.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Can’t believe I missed this one too. Amazing support from everyone on here. I have a few bike parts laying about, sorry late to the party I know! But if you need anything email in profile.

Secondly congratulations, as hard as being a parent is, it is the most wonderful journey to be on. All the best.

jamj1974

Lovely work!

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

We all need a leg up every now and again! Nicely done the good folks of STW 🙂

Good luck Mosey.

JoeG
    Free Member

That is one heck of a loaner bike! 😯 😀

bearnecessities

Mosey, how’s tricks? Hope you’ve managed to get out on the bike that STW built (although understand if you haven’t!)

Heck, has it even turned up?! 🙂

Thought I’d bump rather than email as I’m sure many others would like to know how you are, even if it isn’t all roses.

Rich

bearnecessities

Mosey? 🙁

scotroutes

I’ve heard nothing since sending the bike. I know it got there ok as it was signed for.

Priorities……?

jambalaya
    Free Member

??

teadrinker
    Free Member

Not active on here in 6 weeks. If anyone knows him or is local could they check up and let us know his alright. Hope all is ok and his just got his hands full!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

He is ok and has just had his hands full.

So sorry to not have updated. 2 weeks to go until our baby is due.

I still can’t believe after all we have been through that we have come this far.

I replied with an email about the bike and how touched I am for all to have done what they have done. I didn’t get a reply though but I see why now if mine didn’t reach you.

Claire is really struggling, obviously she’s off the medicine and the redundancy really hurt her. She’d being incredibly brave or has become better at hiding quite how down she is.

I’m 2 months into my medication and haven’t had any adverse effects like last time. I do feel better in myself and am looking forward now.

Again, I can’t stress enough how important you all have. Been to me. I apologise for not being active on here. Work, Claire and prepping for the baby have taken every minute.

scotroutes

2 weeks!!! I really hope you’re getting lots of sleep 🙂

I did wonder about a lack of email but assumed you’d just been tied up with other stuff. I did mean what I said though – your part of the bargain is you get out on the bike for a few minutes of relaxation. You, your Mrs and your soon-to-be-child will all be the better for it!

Fingers crossed for you and yours, it’s a tiring and exciting time (the latter more in retrospect 🙂 )

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m wide awake now with my head running wild!

That’s my problem, simple things snowball out of control.

Things are in place for things looking up though.

scotroutes

Aye well, here’s a hint from a Father; Try not to sweat the detail. They don’t give you a manual. Do your best, apply a bit of love and patience and it’ll all be reet.

sbob
    Free Member

Happy new year!
    The length of the tunnel may vary but there is always light at the end of it.
    🙂

JoeG
    Free Member

They don’t give you a manual.

Here’s part of it. 😉

Squirrel

I’m awake too and have been for hours stressing over work and other stuff. Just did a Headspace meditation session and feel better for it 8)

mike399
    Free Member

Thanks for the update and its good to hear things are looking up.
    Two weeks before our first child arrived we moved house into one we had been doing up which didnt even have a ground floor or kitchen! The little one didnt know a thing about it and cant remember the year of living in a building site!
    As said, dont sweat too much on the finer details…

teadrinker
    Free Member

Good to hear from you mosey. Wishing you all the best for the imminent arrival!

Kryton57

Likewise! All the best?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Hi all,

Quick update.

We welcomed our beautiful baby Boy Charlie into the world yesterday.

There were complications due to Claire’s arthritis medicine but that was blood sugar related and is all touch wood in hand.

Mother is doing well after a long labour and hopefully now we can experiment with medicine and try and get this horrible condition under control.

Thank you everyone for the amazing support and especially the people who sent clothes etc. Me and claire can’t thank you enough.

Ian, Claire and baby Charlie 🙂

martinhutch

Congratulations to you all!

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 318 total)

The topic ‘Time for some honesty and a reach out for advice’ is closed to new replies.