• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Time for an anti Daily Mail campaign?
  • ohnohesback
    Free Member

I’ve been thinking about how we may slip a choke chain around the neck of this Devil Dog. I wonder if it would be possible to lobby those organisations that advertise in the DM to not do so? Imagine the effect if suddenly a large chunk of their income disappeared?

DezB
    Free Member

Good luck with that!!

samuri
    Free Member

“Hello big company, would you mind not placing adverts in the the second largest newspaper in the country which deliberately (and very succesfully) targets the most naive, gullible and prone to influence members of our society?”

“Why is this big man in a uniform grabbing my testicles?”

“Why is he now kicking me while dragging me to an open window?”

“arrrgh”

gwaelod
    Free Member

Just ignore it.

Discussing it on forums and linking to its articles is what has thrust it to its position as probably the most successful online newspaper.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

But big companies are very concious about their public image, and how that image is managed. If they think that being associated with the DM will harm their brand they won’t want anything to do with them and will choose to advertise elsewhere. What we need to do is to create the climate of public opinion where association with the DM is seen to be unacceptable and sullying to there reputation.

mrmoofo

I thought anyone with intelligence and class avoided the Daily Mail anyway …

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Yes they do. But I’m not thinking about the DM readers. There’s probably little that can be done for them. I’m thinking about returning the relentless, grinding drizzle of pressure that the DM exerts on the chosen hate group of the moment. Let’s see how the DM like it!

stewartc
    Free Member

Big business wants its ads to get to the highest number of people for their buck and will pay to ensure that, so unless your riding a wave of total public support they will not care about their public image if they perceive it to have a marginal effect overall.
    If you dont like what they write dont read it or pay for their services, notify those who advertise through them that you will no longer buy their goods and, if you feel they have broken the law, take legal action.

Edit: I should add, good luck.

samuri
    Free Member

That’s not the point though. They have a huge readership who already believe everything they read in there. The big companys will lever this to their advantage.

As far as public image goes, we’re talking about a significant proportion of the population here, that’s a positive public image right there and while the money rolls in from adverts placed in the DM, they’ll know they’re in the right not to mention achieving their main goal which is hitting the largest group of people with the smallest amount of budget.

Don’t listen to me though, I think it’s a brave endeavor and wish you luck. Your best approach may be to find the really big advertisers in the mail which might mean going out and buying a copy. Buy a copy of ‘big goat boobs’ to hide it in. Once you have that list, try and find people within those companies in positions of influence and get them on the ball. There’s plenty of audi and bmw driving middle to senior managers on here, quite a few of them must work for the companies concerned.

patriotpro
    Free Member

They know what the Daily-Mail is and who there market is, I.e Daily-Mail readers.

How is that damaging?

mt
    Free Member

Yes lets get on with shutting anything that you don’t agree with. What publication next? Who decides? You, me, a bunch of cheating politicians with there hands in the till? Like they are doing after Leverson.
    We need to give those we disagree with an outlet for their views. Yes I know it’s not nice at times but it does help define who the idiots are, how else will you know. Also what publication will have a classified section for selling incontinence pants and stair lifts. 🙂

unklehomered
    Free Member

Much of what they do is abominable, much it mostly harmless, focus on the truly terrible parts. Google the Lucy Meadows Richard littlejohn campaign, that’s worth signing up to as its a brutal example of the power of words in the hands of the cruel.

Oh yes, and never click on DM links.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I agree. The Daily Mail should start a campaign about this atrocius hate filled rag..

DezB
    Free Member

At least the News of the World has gone.
    The world is obviously a much better place for that… [/sarcasm]

ohnohesback
    Free Member

I think the world is a much better place without the NOW.

One down, many more to go…

binners

I think the best approach would be to persuade them that their daily outrage piece about Abu Hamza would be greatly enlivened with some cartoons featuring that prophet he’s always banging on about

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

But there aren’t actually any adverts on the website? What is the point of the “click baiting”?

Are they just making money from paper sales?

The Evening Standard/Metro also have adverts, maybe thats how it works.

patriotpro
    Free Member

binners – Member
    I think the best approach would be to persuade them that their daily outrage piece about Abu Hamza would be greatly enlivened with some cartoons featuring that prophet he’s always banging on about

You mean the cannondale prophet from a few years back…

DezB
    Free Member

I think the world is a much better place without the NOW.

You really think it’s made any difference?? 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Time for an anti Daily Mail campaign?’ is closed to new replies.